Global Communications - Public Relations
Intern for the organization that promotes Orlando – America’s most-visited destination – across the nation and throughout the world.
The Global Communications team is responsible for promoting Orlando as a top choice for travelers through public relations, social media, and corporate communications.
As part of the Global Communications Department, the Public Relations team seeks an intern who will support different team members within the department. The intern will work 24 hours a week (three full days). The candidate should possess good journalistic writing skills as well as strong verbal communication. Prior public relations internship experience, knowledge of AP Style and ability to speak and write Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
Global Communications Intern duties may include the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working with domestic and international travel media
- Write press releases, announcements, and newsletter copy
- Assist with developing and updating press kit materials
- Create timely media pitches, including concept development and background research
- Assist with planning journalist destination orientations and requests for story content
- Contact PR and marketing professionals at attractions, hotels, restaurants, and local agencies to gather information or make itinerary arrangements
- Research current and upcoming trends and travel coverage is key media publications
- Track news clips, social media posts and stories related to Orlando
- Attend PR department meetings
- Learn how the organization brands and positions itself to spread the Orlando message globally
- Work in an ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new project and learning experience
Please email your resume to Interns@visitorlando.com
For more information about Visit Orlando, please visit our website at www.visitorlando.com
**Interns will be paid $12 per hour