Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) is seeking a communications professional to join a newly created Global Communications Center of Excellence that is focused on leading holistic and integrated communications strategy that builds brand and business reputation and maximizes impact among key stakeholders. This role will be a key member of the team helping to coordinate activities across the Communications and Brand teams designed to shape and protect the image of the company and its brands with key stakeholders. This role works closely with the corporate communications, associate communications, brand and owner communications teams.
Success requires analytical and oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and organization, a resilient and solution-focused spirit, and an ability to be a self-starter.
Given the nature of the role and the group it supports, a successful candidate will maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets, actively listen and respond positively to customer or client questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues, delight, and build trust. .In addition, it is critical for the candidate to have a track record of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others, an ability to support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to requests or needs..
Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; read and visually verify information in a variety of formats. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
Essential Job Duties
Content Development and Research (40%)
- Support content needs of the department including the development of powerpoint presentations, written correspondence, event invitations, creative social media posts.
- Research competitors and travel industry trends to inform help inform campaigns.
- Actively support initiatives that build the company’s reputation and the reputation of our brands.
- Develop communications content and editorial for various channels including corporate website and social media channels, employee town halls, executive correspondence
- Support multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment, from conception to completion and package results for sharing internally.
- Help monitor issues that could potentially impact the company/industry and elevate them to leadership.
- Regularly update the company’s various crisis communications plans by archiving documents, media responses, owner communication.
- Compile media coverage, quarterly reports, internal fact sheets. Flag and track clips.
- Work with team to develop brand library.
Administrative Duties (30%)
- Manage industry association subscriptions, news subscriptions, department expenses.
- Upload press releases to website and news wire service
- Manage calendars of two VPs, initiating meeting requests and corresponding with individuals
- Manage team project grid and take meeting minutes
- Archive and track agency activity reports
- Track invoices and ensure accuracy based on vendor agreements
- Provide logistical support and meeting planning for agency offsites, workshops and other events
- Answer department telephone and media intake phone number, tracking calls and taking messages
- Distribute daily media coverage report to internal audiences
- Maintain department hubsites on intranet
General Business Services
- Balance the interest of one’s own group with the interests of the organization.
- Use team member diversity to its fullest extent to achieve business success.
- Share relevant information to help others understand and support business objectives.
- Use technology effectively to communicate and influence throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate business ethics and personal integrity (i.e., widely trusted, seen as a direct, truthful individual).
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or clients/guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Computer Skills including Outlook, Word, Excel
- Creative Problem Solving
- Customer Service Orientation
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- English Language Proficiency
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Oral Communication skills
- Applied Reading
- Presentation Skills
- Fluency in Spanish, a plus
- Stress Tolerance
- Positive Demeanor
- Time Management
- Ability to focus in fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office
BA in English, Communications, Journalism, Advertising or related field
Related Work Experience
3+ years related work experience
No supervisory experience is required
AP Style, Newswire usage, media monitoring software and tools Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Keynote, proficient with Apple operating system.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.