DUDA is seeking a part time, contracted freelance writer to assist with various scheduled and unscheduled writing and research assignments throughout the year as outlined below.
- DUDA People at DUDA Places, published quarterly, is an employee newsletter that showcases business and personal happenings and milestones throughout the company. Coverage includes such items as personal and work-related employee milestones, holiday parties, marriages, new babies, and more. It is shared digitally with all DUDA employees via the company’s intranet, DUDAnet, and printed and mailed to company retirees. Issues run roughly 10 to 16 pages and are comprised of multiple photos, submitted by employees, with informally written captions. Freelance contractor will write all copy based on content gathered for him/her.
- TeamDUDA, published quarterly, is a professional newsletter that includes high-level company-related news and information such as business unit strategy updates, human resources information, company location news, and more. This publication is printed and mailed to all DUDA locations as well as shareholders, retirees, vendors, government officials, and more. It is also shared digitally on the company’s intranet. Issues run 4 to 6 pages in length and can include 3 to 6 separate articles. Each article includes high quality images and/or infographics paired with business professional copy. Freelance contractor will collect content and write articles as assigned.
- The Employee Recognition Book, published annually in October, includes write-ups about recent retirees and their time with the company, as well as personal quotes from employees reaching 25-year milestone anniversaries. Additional acknowledgements include new hires, those employees celebrating five-year increments of service with the company, and graduates from the DUDA Degree Program. In addition to employee write-ups and quotes, the publication includes an opening letter from CEO David Duda, introductory paragraphs for each milestone/acknowledgement section, and fun facts scattered throughout. The booklet runs 12 to 16 pages and is distributed via mail to all DUDA employees, shareholders, and retirees, as well as shared digitally on the company’s intranet. Freelance contractor will write all copy, including copy for sections and smoothing out employee survey responses and quotes for better readability.
- The Living Our Values report, published annually in December, includes a high-level overview of several DUDA activities, such as philanthropic giving, location celebrations, human resources initiatives, business unit updates, and more, to highlight the multiple ways in which the company focused on its mission and values during the previous fiscal year. It includes multiple photos with descriptive captions and an introductory letter from CEO David Duda. The publication is 6 pages long and distributed inside the December issue of TeamDUDA, as well as shared digitally on the company’s intranet. Freelance contractor will write all copy, including bullet points and captions, based on content gathered for him/her.
- DUDA’s intranet, DUDAnet, includes numerous articles published on an as-needed basis. Common article topics include HR and IT initiatives, various operational rankings and awards, the publications listed above, important benefits information, and more. Most articles run shorter than one page and include a maximum of 2 – 3 photos. DUDAnet is accessible to all DUDA computer users. Freelance contractor will collect content and write articles as assigned.
Additional writing assignments including scripts, surveys, white papers, various campaign projects, and more, will be requested on an as needed basis.
Assignments may also include research efforts to determine effective communication and employee engagement strategies and tactics as well as cases for proposal.
For more information, please contact email@example.com