Every day at Disney Signature Experiences (Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney, National Geographic Expeditions, and Aulani – a Disney Resort & Spa) we take pride in bringing the magic of travel to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our Guests.
The External Communications Manager provides External Communications support in an effort to proactively enhance and protect the reputation of the Disney Signature Experiences (DSE) portfolio of brands. Develops and executes integrated External Communications plans that support the overall goals of DSE and the public affairs segment. Researches and reports on timely issues and reputational risks. Responds to media inquiries. Develops, writes and produces communication tools such as key messages, social media content, videos and press releases. Provides communications support for issues management and crisis communications. Monitors ongoing issues that affect the businesses. Partners closely with other Disney Signature Experiences Public Affairs departments such as Guest Communications, Corporate Citizenship and Internal Communications, as well as Public Relations, Marketing, and segment-wide External Communications partners.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of External Communications for Disney Signature Experiences.
Every day is different as an External Communications Manager. On any given day YOU might:
- Provide strategic communications support for Disney Signature Experiences public affairs and operations partners.
- Develop story ideas and write for multiple communication vehicles including press releases, fact sheets, media alerts, web content and video news releases.
- Communicate with national, local and industry business media. Manage, coordinate and research reporter inquiries to provide timely and relevant information.
- Develop communication tools such as briefs and messaging for media interviews.
- Manage and develop both written and video content for the Disney Signature Experiences and Disney Cruise Line news websites.
- Assist in monitoring media and preparing on-going listening reports and elevate relevant information as needed.
- Develop proactive and reactive communication strategies to mitigate issues from a reputation management perspective.
- Support the ongoing implementation of comprehensive emergency preparedness and crisis communications plans.
Please apply if YOU have:
- Proven experience and strong understanding of the communications field, preferably in public relations, media relations or public affairs
- Experience or knowledge of working with the news media
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills and experience handling comprehensive writing projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective communication pieces with minimal editing. Knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and share new and creative ideas
- Proven experience in project management, multi-tasking and working on a deadline
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- A commitment to working in ways that support and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends. Willingness to travel as needed.
It would be great if YOU also had:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a corporate communications or public relations role
- Experience in creating communication plans and documents quickly and communicating effectively under pressure
- Proven familiarity of video production, still photography and social media concepts, tools and outlets
- Knowledge of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Knowledge of cruise and/or tourism industry
- Published writing
- Business savvy
- Bi-lingual abilities are a plus (Spanish, Portuguese, German)
- Event management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field, or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Business or Communications
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To learn more and apply, visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/celebration/external-communications-manager-disney-signature-experiences/391/20500382752