Central Florida Foundation stewards philanthropic dollars on behalf of individuals, families and nonprofits. We partner with people who are determined to make a difference in their community. Knowing that true change demands more than dollars and cents, we foster collaboration, fuel ideas, and spearhead the innovation that will transform our region for good.
Director of Marketing and Communications
As the Director of Marking and Communications, you will lead the development and implementation of the marketing and communications strategy of the Foundation. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Foundation communicates effectively with its many constituencies, through the Foundation’s website, email communications, social media, public relations and more. You will als0 manage resources to increase the Foundation’s visibility and the public’s understanding of the Foundation’s work.
Your responsibilities as the Director of Marketing and Communications:
- Design, monitor and evaluate a comprehensive communications program including strategies and activities, as designed with input from the Foundation Executive Team, that support the Foundation’s overall brand and mission.
- Create compelling messages that convey the mission, work and impact of the Foundation to internal and external audiences.
- Strong writing capabilities are essential to success in this role.
- Manage relationship with external marketing and communications vendor(s).
- Identify and implement strategies to advance the Foundation’s successful use of digital resources including website, social media, and email communications to enhance the Foundation’s brand visibility and development efforts.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and digital marketing to drive goals for engagement online
- Protect/enhance the Foundation’s brand and positioning. The Foundation has a strong brand reputation in the region and it is essential to its reputation and fund holders that this be upheld at all times.
- Produce presentations for staff as required using PowerPoint, audio, video, etc.
- Provide editing services across departments to support them in executing clear communications consistent with the Foundation’s brand and strategic objectives.
- Support event planning for Foundation & initiative events, ensuring alignment with the Foundation brand and strategic objectives. Responsibilities may include producing event collateral, coordinating with venue staff, writing remarks and staffing events.
- Work with VP of Philanthropy to ensure alignment of marketing & communications with development strategies.
- Manage and keep to budget(s).
- Support key initiatives under the Foundation umbrella, including but not limited to 100 Women Strong and Rally, as needed.
- Write press releases, Foundation announcements, and speeches as needed.
- When appropriate, serve as a spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Develop professional relationship with the media and respond to media inquiries.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with the following applications with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, web content management software (like Word Press), social media outlets, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Canva and other graphic or digital software.
- Knowledge of Foundant (Community Suite) and Crescendo is a plus.
- Strong communications and customer service skills with the ability to interact with technical people, organization stakeholders, donors, etc.
- An ability to look beyond face-value conversations; read between the lines and listen for what isn’t being said.
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and agility required.
- Ability to maintain a sense of perspective and work within ambiguity and sometimes abstract concepts.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation of $65,000- $75,000, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.