The Online Engagement and Social Media Manager will be responsible for building, expanding and executing an organization-wide strategy to advance the National Center for State Courts’ presence on key social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to increase the visibility of NCSC--its mission and its work.
The National Center for State Courts is an independent, nonprofit court improvement organization located in Williamsburg, Virginia. NCSC's services--research, information services, education, consulting, association management, and technical assistance--are focused on helping courts implement improvements that promote efficiency and effectiveness, while ensuring access to justice, timeliness, and procedural satisfaction.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Online Media, the incumbent will work independently in making key content and engagement decisions in performing the duties listed below.
- Participating in the development of NCSC's social media strategy.
- Managing and implementing NCSC's social media strategy.
- Identifying opportunities for advancing NCSC as a national leader in online communities.
- Monitoring disinformation campaigns that may target or impact state courts.
- Serving as the point of contact with social media companies to expedite removal of false accounts or disinformation.
- Serving as the point of contact for technical challenges with account setup and access.
- Researching, building and disseminating social media best practices to state court customers.
- Evaluating paid online advertising opportunities to identify untapped audiences.
- Providing technical assistance to state courts establishing social media channels and community outreach campaigns.
- Participating in events/conferences and other forums addressing social media trends, best practices.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following qualifications.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, media relations or a related discipline; or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the capacity to perform the work successfully; a J.D. or other legal education helpful.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in communications or marketing; experience with a court public information office, justice system partner or other stakeholder entity desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of social and new media platforms and related software.
- Considerable content development and copywriting experience.
- Some experience in or basic understanding of editorial planning.
- Full proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to edit photos and create graphics.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively collaborate in a team.
- Ability to travel periodically.
Candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume in addition to the completed application form. This position is eligible for remote work. Salary range is $55,061.00 - $60,000.00.
To apply, visit https://www.ncsc.org/about-us/all-jobs and locate the position under domestic jobs.