Position General Summary:
The Communications Director partners closely with Executive Leadership, Marketing, and Partner Services (Global) to develop national thought-leadership opportunities and national communication strategies aimed at building national awareness for consumer direct (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) audiences. The Communications Director leads and manages a team of communication professionals to implement/execute all communication activities in key geographic markets driving revenue and enrollment growth.
Essential Position Functions:
- Lead the national communication strategy planning and implementation, including developing appropriate messaging, identifying relevant audience segments, recommending publicity opportunities, and measuring national reach and impact.
- Lead national media activities including developing and implementing a national media strategy, arranging interviews, developing media pitches, overseeing the development of talking points, and nurturing relationships with national reporters and education writers.
- Identify ways to increase communication and engagement to aid in student recruitment, retention, and revenue growth
- Present national communication and media plans and strategies to executive leadership.
- Serve as the national media spokesperson when
- Lead and oversee crisis communication plans and implementation, as appropriate.
- In partnership with Executive Leadership, Partner Services (Global), and Marketing Leadership, develop a strategic approach to national conference participation through speaking engagements, thought-leadership opportunities, and conference attendance.
- Lead, manage, and develop assigned direct reports, including general management, performance planning, and career/professional development.
- Stay on top of industry trends through continued education via webinars, online training, research, articles, conferences, etc.
- Work closely with department leadership to develop, oversee, and adhere to department budget.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field
- Master’s preferred
- 7+ years communications experience
- 5+ years progressive experience supervising, managing, and/or leading others
- Public relations and national media management preferably in the education industry