The Digital Media Specialist position focuses on the planning, buying, trafficking, reporting, and optimization of all types of digital media, with a strong focus on programmatic display, paid social media, and paid search. This is a hands-on role, and the ideal candidate is an analytical media buyer who is able to build, execute, and optimize display media buys programmatically within ad buying platforms. We are looking for a self-starter with experience in media planning, buying, and analysis. The Digital Media Specialist is also responsible for establishing and maintaining good relationships with all media reps. This person must be well-versed in costs, fees, formats, specs and other variables related to online media buying, including display, rich media/high impact, native advertising, video advertising, and programmatic. This person should also be alert to changes, new opportunities of interest to clients and compatible with client goals and objectives.
- Establish deadlines for materials needed and reports deadlines to the creative, production and account services departments.
- Manage set-up of campaigns in self-serve DSP and ad network systems including use of UTM codes, conversion tracking, and ad serving.
- Maintains all digital copy resources and media files, backing up and updating constantly.
- Making timely placement of all media according to schedules.
- Maintains agency media schedules and issues all media reports.
- Promptly approved all media invoices to be forwarded to the client for payment.
- Constantly maintains digital media, client files.
- Monitor digital media spend to ensure proper pacing and limit overspend and underspend.
- Analyzing and reporting on digital media performance.
- Alert Digital Marketing Manager and Account team of special media offers/placement opportunities, etc.
- Archive online all media insertion orders, including cancellations, date, size changes, etc., for access by Account team.
- Research and compiles statistics on reach, frequency, CPMs, cost-per-click, CTRs, unique users, page views, conversion, cost-per-action and cost-per-sale data, for personal reference and to educate Account team members and clients.
- Understands and can clearly explain online advertising options to Account team members.
- Maintains current software program skills related to the performance of daily job functions.
- Negotiate changes and optimizations to the buy as directed by the Digital Marketing Manager to media representatives effectively.
- Trafficking media and tracking tags to media representatives.
- 2 or more years of experience in digital media advertising.
- Prior advertising/marketing agency experience in media.
- Well-versed in digital and non-digital media.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Data Studio, Tableau, and other reporting tools.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or communications.
- Experience with Strata, Nielson, Facebook Ad Network, Google Ads, Sizmek MDX ad server, Sizmek DSP, and other media tools.
- Mac proficient.
- Experience with Workamajig is a plus.
- A team player that is passionate about their contribution towards delivering great work.