Overall Purpose of this Role: To coordinate digital communications projects and initiatives for Heart of Florida United Way. As part of this position, a primary strategic goal would be to raise the local and national profile of HFUW and provide a rewarding and inspiring experience to HFUW’s audiences. This position is the lead on executing digital communications strategies, including but not limited to email marketing, social media, website content, etc. This role will be involved with supporting execution of the overall communications strategy, developing engaging digital communications and delivering experiences to uphold the United Way brand. This position will be responsible for day-to-day project management of programming social media content, executing email marketing strategy, acting as webmaster, while also supporting all communication efforts.
- Execute digital communications for Heart of Florida United Way to support an integrated marketing strategy across a variety of online platforms/channels for key audience segments.
- Act as project manager to deliver digital communications projects and tasks to completion by assigned deadline.
- Stay current with United Way brand standards on all platforms and establish brand consistency across all media.
- Support monitoring, analyzing, and communicating results on regular basis.
- Maintain digital files for reference data, information and articles.
- Assist with writing and editing content for social media posts, email marketing, event registration pages, webpages, and other copy as needed.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Conduct research to support communications planning as needed.
- Act as event support, as needed.
- Act as staff photographer/videographer, as needed.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding industry trends, best practices and techniques.
- Possess a proactive mentality to take initiative on projects and identify additional opportunities.
- Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Support in the development and production of multimedia content using Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and other platforms. Produce graphics for social media, emails, the website, and other communication channels.
- Assist Manager, Graphic Design and Brand with completing design projects by directly editing design files.
- Coordinate with print vendors.
- Collaborate to develop email marketing strategies to meet organizational, departmental and initiative-based goals.
- Manage calendars to monitor email communications traffic.
- Design emails in the Andar CRM platform and MailChimp system of engagement.
- Work with appropriate parties to secure updated and accurate mailing list for email marketing campaigns.
- Test and seek approvals from applicable parties.
- Manage mass email sends, reporting and analysis of results.
- Lead day-to-day management of social media platform posts, engagement, social listening, and analysis. Content development will be led by Director of Marketing & Communications and the Copywriter.
- Manage social media scheduling system (Hootsuite).
- Ensure proper sizing for photos and graphics to accompany social media content. Produce social media graphics as needed.
- Ensure proper links, tracking, analytics are in place for measurement.
- Conduct research for social media handles, hashtags, influencer information, etc. to broaden social media reach and engagement.
- Assist in developing, writing, proofreading content for social media.
- Act as lead for website maintenance and technical updates. Update and publish blogs posts and website pages, while ensuring content follow Search Engine Optimization best practices.
- Routinely assess the accuracy and timeliness of website content.
- Recommend strategies to enhance user experience and organizational goals.
- Monitor web analytics via Google Analytics and make recommendations to enhance traffic.
Attributes & Behaviors:
- Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship-Oriented: Cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of one to three years of related work experience, with a majority of experience in digital marketing, graphic design, social media marketing or web marketing.
- Associate’s degree in graphic/web design, digital marketing, marketing, communications or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in Email Content Management systems.
- Proficient in Hootsuite and social media platforms/tools including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, WordPress, Canva and others.
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, ability to use common office equipment such as copier and fax required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills in meeting deadlines required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Must have good people skills and customer service mentality to be able to interact with a variety of individuals/departments/organizations.
- Possess a proactive mentality to take initiative on projects, manage multiple deadlines and identify opportunities for efficiency.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 25 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation is required. Job involves frequent interactions with internal and external customers, and routinely intense public contact.