Salary: 38000 to 43000 USD Per Year
Position Reports to: Director of Communications
For more than 30 years, Beacon College has made a profound difference in the lives of neurodiverse students who have learning and developmental challenges and disabilities such as ADHD, dyslexia, and autism. The college is seeking a motivated, creative, and energetic professional to serve as its Digital Communications Specialist, supporting the college in communicating its mission of educating and preparing young neurodiverse people to succeed academically, professionally, and socially.
The Digital Communication Specialist will play an integral role in enhancing the college’s regional, national, and global reputation through targeted digital communications and marketing material development, as well as support for events managed by the communications team. This may include working with faculty, staff, and college and community partners, to develop creative and innovative content for a variety of communications platforms (including social media) and monitoring digital traffic to track the college’s reach to target audiences.
The ideal candidate for this role should have excellent writing and oral communication skills, possess a keen eye for design, and be able to apply their talent into content creation across mediums, including digital, social media and print. Photography and/or video editing experience is a plus.
By becoming part of the Beacon College family, the Digital Communications Specialist is joining an award-winning team that is enthusiastic about higher education and serving the needs of students with learning differences, helping them on their path to success. Beacon was the first college in the nation accredited to award bachelor’s degrees exclusively to neurodiverse students and is recognized as one of the foremost American institutions in this undergraduate specialty.
The professional selected for the Digital Communications Specialist position will have a unique opportunity to touch on a diverse range of projects as they support the college in communicating its mission and expanding its reach as a national thought leader.
- Social Media – Create social media content, including event graphics and video clips, to support a cross-platform digital strategy and boost engagement. Ensure that all platforms are regularly updated with relevant and timely information.
- Website – Maintain an up-to-date and accurate website, including creating relevant graphics and content. Coordinate with other staff across different organization functions to compile information for updates. The Digital Communications Specialist will also play a key role in the planned redesign of the organization’s website soon.
- Email Marketing – Design and create email campaigns to include newsletters, event invitations, and other member communications to support member retention and recruitment. Supervise a student intern who will assist with some of these efforts.
- Reports & Publications – Manage planning, design, and execution of Council reports and publications using Adobe InDesign.
- Event Support & Production –
- Virtual Events – Manage Zoom production for the campus community.
- In-person Events – When it becomes safe to resume in-person programming, provide event photography (desired).
- Perform other duties as necessary as the communications efforts continue to expand and evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience creating digital content and graphic design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
- Content writing experience for all platforms
- Experience with digital, publication, and video content creation and editing tools including the Adobe Suite (i.e., Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro) preferred
- Experience in Constant Contact, MailChimp or a similar email platform
- Experience managing social media platforms and content management systems (i.e., WordPress)
- Familiarity with Zoom webinar platform
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook and proofreading
- Team player with an outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Project management experience preferred
Required Applicant Documents/Work Samples
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Portfolio of writing samples
- Salary Range: $38,000 to $43,000 Annually
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance. Immediately eligible to participate in 403(b) retirement plan.
This position is based on Beacon College’s campus in downtown Leesburg, Florida.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume/CV to:
Director of Communications