DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF FOR COMMUNICATIONS AND OPERATIONS – University of Central Florida
The Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications and Operations is responsible for 1) the efficient and effective operation of the Office of the President and 2) developing and executing a strategic communications plan for the president that engages internal and external audiences by aligning communications and marketing strategies in support of the President’s vision in order to produce a competitive marketplace advantage for the university. This position is the primary liaison to the Vice President and Chief of Staff for matters relating to the Office of the President operations and presidential communications. The Deputy Chief of Staff is expected to anticipate and address longer-term strategic issues in support of the President's agenda.
- Lead innovation and collaboration efforts within the Office of the President – as well as other university areas – by establishing a sense of urgency for change; creating a strong guiding coalition; developing a compelling vision and strategy; communicating the change vision; empowering employees to act; consolidating gains to produce more change; and anchoring new approaches in the culture.
- Serve as the Vice President and Chief of Staff's delegate in matters pertaining to presidential operations or presidential communications with university leadership and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and maintain constant awareness of major issues that impact (or that have the potential to impact) the university/president, and provide communications strategies and tactics to elevate the university/president’s position and interests in a way that assures a positive place in the public and political conversation.
- Manage all correspondence and communications from the Office of the President, including letters, emails, speeches, presentations and donor acknowledgments.
- Lead and grow the president’s social media presence across multiple platforms so that it is an active, engaging and trusted source of information and thought leadership.
- Develop messaging and ensure the authenticity of the president’s voice and message across all communications platforms.
- Lead strategic partnerships with departments across UCF to frame issues and engage key audiences, and oversee development and implementation of presidential thought-leadership communications strategies, media relations and special projects.
- Work collaboratively with university leadership to ensure the president’s time is spent on UCF’s most important communications opportunities and issues.
- Partner with university leadership to develop proactive strategies, positions and messages on key policy issues and help communicate those messages to critical stakeholders.
- Partner with Government Relations to ensure the president’s time and voice is appropriately used in political and Board of Governors messages and campaigns.
- Partner with the UCF Foundation and UCF Alumni Association to ensure the president’s time and voice is appropriately used in political and Board of Governors messages and campaigns.
- Lead presidential project planning with Office of the President staff and others in the university community to advance the President and the division’s reputation and initiatives and ensure strategic opportunities are realized through planning and implementation across departments.
- Ensure the president is supported administratively with efficient scheduling, travel, briefing and more.
- Manage the budgets and human resources for the departments reporting through the Office of the President.
- Serve on university, university-related, community and industry boards, task forces and committees as assigned and approved by the President and the Vice President and Chief of Staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President and Chief of Staff or President.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and seven years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and nine years of appropriate experience.
Experience in higher education
Applications must be submitted online. For more information and to apply, visit http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/56224