Poston Communications LLC is a national media relations agency serving clients in highly regulated industries, including top law and accounting firms, and other professional services organizations.
As part of the growth of our Poston Crisis division, we are seeking an Orlando-based Account Supervisor with at least five to 10 years of experience in supporting or managing crisis communications and / or litigation PR initiatives. In addition to his or her work on our Poston Crisis team, the Account Supervisor serves as a leader on our PR team and as a “face of our firm” to our valued clients.
Most importantly, the right candidate subscribes to our team philosophy of "we, us, our" when it comes to developing our culture of collaboration, leadership and success. He or she embodies our firm’s mission and values.
- Collaborates with the Poston Crisis division team leader to evaluate, respond to and provide strategic recommendations related to crisis communications situations of all types.
- Conducts research, media audits and other fundamental tasks that are essential to crisis communications counsel.
- Supports the Poston Crisis team with business development efforts by preparing proposals and researching targets.
- Provides strategic guidance to sophisticated clients by anticipating and addressing communications needs and challenges.
- Serves as a trusted point person and knowledge manager to our clients on behalf of the agency and coaches clients on best practices for working with the media and related activities.
- Pitches by phone to journalists at local, national and trade publications, and builds and nurtures relationships with members of the media.
- Encourages, manages and develops junior members of the team by providing opportunities for growth, sharing professional knowledge and freely giving feedback.
- Manages account financials, including budget allocation, client billing and team profitability.
- Enthusiastically represents our firm through leadership in trade or industry organizations.
- Seven to 10 years of experience in a PR agency or in-house at a professional services firm preferred. Candidates with strong corporate experience counseling C-suite leaders will also be considered.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in crisis situations, including a developed personal process for evaluating, responding to and completing crisis work.
- Availability, due to the nature and unpredictability of crisis matters, to work evenings and weekends as required for excellent client service.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain solid relationships with colleagues and clients; experience leading and effectively communicating with clients at the C-suite level.
- Leadership experience in work, community or civic organizations. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate their ability to influence, and to lead others and themselves well.
- Solid relationships with reporters at national media outlets.
- Experience managing multiple high-profile accounts with daily pitching requirements.
- Comfortable and motivated by a fast-paced environment with sophisticated clients.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and a commitment to delivering “white glove” client service.
- Proven ability to phone pitch journalists. Must be able to share specific and measurable examples of this during the interview process.
- Confidence, humility and effectiveness when dealing with agency management, clients and the public.
- Commands an executive yet accessible presence with a commitment to enthusiasm and passion for our work.
- Committed to living in a constant state of improvement with dedication to continuous learning through proactive engagement with colleagues, asking for feedback and implementing suggestions.
- Candidates with Accreditation in Public Relations will be considered with top priority.
- Graduate and / or bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and at least two examples of your results to email@example.com.