We are searching for an amazingly creative, story-based content producer with a passion for video storytelling and a proven ability to inspire others. As a manager within the university’s Marketing and Communications team, the successful candidate will play a key role in attracting top students to a global leader in education that is shaping tomorrow’s leaders in aviation and aerospace.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is accepting applications for a Creative Producer and Director of Video and Digital Storytelling. This position will lead the multimedia production team.
We are looking for an established, enthusiastic storyteller and cinematographer who can conceive, tell, and document the Embry-Riddle story in an effort to inspire our many stakeholders. Our students, faculty, and alumni continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in aviation and aerospace, and we’re anxious to push out more stories on various platforms in the U.S. and international markets. The successful candidate will be the driving force behind our current multimedia team – helping craft and assign innovative and creative pieces to support enrollment, news coverage, thought leadership and brand awareness of the world’s established leader in aviation and aerospace education.
We are seeking an accomplished videographer and proven storyteller, someone who is both a leader and doer, a visionary producer and editor who is passionate about the impact video can have moving hearts and minds. You will help us tell the Embry-Riddle story in the air and on the ground, in classrooms and laboratories, at air shows and in many milestone moments that characterize the Embry-Riddle experience.
The Multimedia Team at Embry-Riddle consists of two additional staff members in Daytona Beach, Florida, and one in Prescott, Arizona. The Multimedia Team handles studio and remote productions, single and multiple camera recordings and editing and publishing of video content for several campus stakeholders. The position reports to the Executive Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement and works collaboratively with all members of Marketing and Communications, including the news team and creative services. The position will be supported by writers and strategists, but he/she will need to independently develop and create unique storyboard visions on topics from unmanned autonomous vehicles to accounts of individual student experiences.
This is a full-time opportunity with occasional travel.
- Lead the day-today management of video production for all digital channels, working closely with the other team members and external freelancers, ensuring that photography and video resources are being dedicated to the university's highest priorities.
- Provide creative recommendations for non-video storytelling assets in Embry-Riddle's current marketing mix including podcasts, animations and other brand initiatives.
- Supervise, evaluate and mentor current department staff, student interns and external contractors.
- Communicate appropriately with the team and stakeholders throughout all phases of production, tracking work and coordinating assigned projects to achieve successful results.
- Work with colleagues to analyze performance data to influence future content development.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of video production experience with a portfolio of creative work that demonstrates an ability to tell stories in a captivating way.
- Excellent script-writing ability.
- Experience sourcing and hiring film crews and additional vendors for special projects when needed.
- Great communication and presentation skills, including the ability to pitch stories to senior executives and develop budgets.
- Knowledgeable on a range of video styles (spanning from short-form clips for social media to longer documentaries), production requirements and strategic implementation.
- Ability to think critically and independently and inspire staff and colleagues.
- Interest in and dedication to the mission of Embry-Riddle.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Video Production, Fine Arts or similar/applicable field.
- A minimum of three to five years of work experience as a video producer in a news or creative setting.
- Experience with or demonstrated understanding of non-linear editing systems (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid, etc.).
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
- Excellent familiarity with RED Cinema Cameras, Canon DSLRs and audio production.
To be considered, please submit a compelling cover letter, a resume and link to an online demo reel at careers.erau.edu.