CREATIVE DESIGNER I
CREATIVE DESIGNER I
This position works independently or with Creative Designer II to develop advertising and marketing concepts to include, but not limited to, bus wraps, bus schedules/maps, flyers, posters, newsletter layouts, brochures, ads, web designs for social media, internal and external campaigns, etc.
• Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type and arranges layout.
• Assembles final layouts and/or prepares layouts for printer.
• Provides artistic and graphic support.
• Serves as a collaborative partner on photo shoots.
• Participates in presentations and LYNX marketing activities.
• Works with other members of the marketing team to brainstorm and develop creative concepts for campaigns and promotional materials.
• Assists with events; attend events outside of regular business hours with advance notice, as needed.
• Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
Required Qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in graphic design or a related discipline plus one year of professional working experience in the graphic design field; or a combination of related education, training, and experience. Must have at least one year of experience with Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) on a Mac platform.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) plus strong skills in creating PowerPoint presentations.
• Experience creating digital content for social media and the web, including familiarity with sizing requirements.
• Knowledge and understanding of basic typography. Must have a keen eye for color in both print and web.
• Knowledge of pre- and post-print production.
• Conceptual knowledge of public transit planning and/or operations.
• Knowledge of the printing process and how files are prepared for print. Must have experience with large format printers.
• Strong photo retouching and manipulation skills. Photography a plus.
• Strong layout skills. Strong illustration skills a plus.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-project, team environment and meet established deadlines. Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, handle multiple projects, and accept constructive criticism.
• Ability to communicate with vendors to ensure that printed materials are created correctly.
• Ability to organize and maintain a library archive of all artwork and provide to team members or other departments as needed.
• Ability to take clear direction and follow instructions and be willing to learn additional related skills as needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
• Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
• Ability to work in a diverse environment.
• Attends events outside of regular business hours throughout Central Florida.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and safe driving record.
• LYNX provides the community with much needed public transportation, and it is important for the Agency to resume its services as quickly and as safely as possible in the event of any natural, technological, or human-caused emergency or disaster. This position is considered a mission critical member of LYNX’s emergency preparation and response efforts during an emergency or disaster and as such, may be asked to work during these emergencies or disasters.