Job Title: Creative Design Specialist (Graphic Designer)
Employer: Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS)
- Associate’s Degree with emphasis in Graphic Design or related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of work experience in digital graphics and/or animated digital graphics.
- Experience in the operation of a variety of production equipment, including both PC and Mac computer systems and printers.
- Production proficiency supported by portfolio and project management experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of techniques for WEB, VIDEO, and PRINT based design.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign) software for both Mac and PC platforms.
- Knowledge of current industry standards in graphic design software.
- Knowledge of internet creation and web design.
- Knowledge of graphic elements for video.
- Knowledge of print production and print shop services
- Skilled in use of drafting and commercial art tools and equipment such as laminator machines, printer plotters, paper and foam core cutting machines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and remain organized to complete time-sensitive jobs on or before deadline.
- Ability to maintain positive, effective working relationships with associates, SCPS employees, and all graphic clients both internal and external.
- Ability to regularly use independent judgement and discretion in matters related to business operations and management policies.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- *Prepare print ready layouts using computer generated graphics, photos, and type.
- *Design graphics for flyers, newsletters, posters, signage, logos and other collateral materials as needed for SCPS business.
- *Participate in the creative process for communication planning, branding, and marketing campaigns, including brainstorming.
- *Assist schools, departments, and district executive leaders with the design of digital graphic materials and collateral needs.
- *Respond to both internal and external customers in a timely, accurate, and courteous manner representing SCPS positively.
- *Operate and maintain proper accountability for all equipment in the graphics production area. 7. *Manage multiple design projects simultaneously; ensure they are complete and delivered on time.
- *Manage production and cost bidding of all graphic projects produced by Communications Office or for other district departments.
- *Maintain adequate stock levels of all supplies used in graphics production.
- *Maintain records of job requests and an archived library of graphic content created.
- *Utilize and maintain a creative jobs tracking system for project prioritization, proofing, and release for print.
- *Preserve and protect the established brand image, graphic standards, and style guidelines for SCPS and further the brand through strategic design.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Communications Officer.
*Denotes essential job function/ADA
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Salary Range: $35,271 - $56,543
How to Apply: Applicants must apply online by visiting the SCPS website:
The “Creative Design Specialist” can be found under the Administrative tab.
Deadline to Apply: 11/19/19