Intern for the organization that promotes Orlando - America's most-visited destination - across the nation and throughout the world.
The Global Communications team is responsible for positioning Orlando as a top choice for leisure and business travel through public relations, social media and content development. As part of the Global Communications team, Corporate Communications works to educate stakeholders and the public on Visit Orlando's value to our community and the tourism industry.
Corporate Communications seeks an intern who will work 20 hours a week - ideally Monday, Thursday and Friday, although there is room for flexibility. The candidate should possess strong skills in writing/editing, verbal communication, project management and uploading content to digital platforms. Proficiency in MS Office software is preferred, and a prior internship or equivalent experience is required.
Corporate Communications Intern duties may include:
- Write and edit articles for Visit Orlando's community and industry-wide newsletter.
- Work across departments to gather news story submissions, photos and other assets.
- Upload newsletter content and other items to Visit Orlando's corporate blog.
- Stay up to date on current events that affect the tourism industry; compile relevant articles.
- Assist with other external publications and reporting documents.
- Assist with community speaking engagements and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with content initiatives for internal communications.
- Help maintain database of community and business leaders.
- Learn how Visit Orlando engages with elected officials and government leaders.
- Work in an exciting and ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new challenge and learning experience.
- Students must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program.
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours a week.