Seeking Communications Intern for Florida Blue’s 2022 Summer Internship Program
Florida Blue employees are committed to the values of respect, integrity, imagination, courage and excellence, and to doing business in compliance with the law. Join a high performing team of professionals for the summer and see what it is like to work in one of the country’s leading health solutions companies. This internship will give you a window into the world of enterprise communications and community relations roles. Your career possibilities in these fields are endless as we grow and evolve.
We pride ourselves on a culture that embraces flexibility, innovation and diversity. Bring your unique talents and help us advance our mission of helping people and communities achieve better health.
Follow us on Twitter @FLBlue and #WorkWellHere!
Position is remote.
Begins Summer 2022 and runs for 10-12 weeks.
Provide research, development and analysis support to meet the needs of the Enterprise Communications and Community Relations teams at Florida Blue. Work under supervision of communications and community relations specialists and adapt to a dynamic, challenging environment.
- Support Employee Engagement initiatives and assist in administration of special events
- Provide assistance to Community Leadership and Education team with event planning and the evaluation of impact data
- Provide assistance to Foundation Community Investments team around three Drivers of Health: food security, health equity and mental well-being
- Provide assistance to Corporate Social Responsibility team for community and special events
- Conduct news media/competitor research and analysis
- Write news releases, blog posts, media pitches, fact sheets and event recaps
- Participate in both internal team and client meetings
- May create press kits or media materials
- May assist with planning and execution of media events
- Conduct social media, phone and internet-based research
- Currently enrolled at a college or University as a junior or senior student
- Pursuing a degree in business, public relations, journalism, communications or marketing
- Cumulative 3.0 or better GPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent writer who is borderline obsessed with grammar and AP style
- Good time management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Collaboration/relationship building and detail-oriented skills
- Coursework that demonstrates analytical abilities and creativity, as well as critical thinking
- Ability to take direction, show initiative and assume responsibility
- Excellent attention to detail, including proofreading
- Confident in asking questions
Business Specific Criteria (Preferred Skills):
- Cumulative 3.5 or better GPA
- Understand or have experience in the Health Insurance Industry
- A proven understanding of public relations and communications, social media and online and traditional media
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.