Experience Kissimmee is currently seeking a Copywriter. This position is responsible for writing and editing copy across multiple platforms and ensuring that content is consistent with the Experience Kissimmee brand tone and voice.
Major responsibilities include:
- Responsible for researching for and producing story-telling content for a wide variety of audiences and communication channels, such as: articles, advertorials, newsletters, fact sheets, print collateral, web pages, digital ads, blog posts and Experience Kissimmee websites.
- Ensure all content is on brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice.
- Collaborate with internal EK Departments to create cohesive and consistent messaging throughout EK’s communication platforms as well as provide proofreading and editing services for content produced by other staff members and international representatives.
- Assist in identifying and satisfying various target audiences’ content needs (in terms of length, format, diction, tone, and other considerations), and ensuring the end product can be distributed effectively through various marketing channels, including digital and traditional media.
- Think strategically about long- and short-term storytelling and communications initiatives in support of organizational promotional campaigns and programs.
- Assist in developing scripts and storyboards for video projects on an as needed basis. This may also include being present at and helping direct video shoots.
- Responsible for researching and studying content marketing trends and best practices in effort to keep Experience Kissimmee up-to-date with its web and marketing content.
- Anaylize existing content and identify ways to improve impact and optimize effectiveness.
- Serve as consultant and reviewer on internal communications and initiatives.
- Copyedit, fact check, and proofread marketing materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, advertising or related field, preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in writing/editing or journalism.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Knowledge of SEO and WordPress a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, tasks, and work schedules to meet customer services standards.
- Detail-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Basic Photoshop skills is a plus.
- Experience with project management system a plus.
Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. The organization pays for 80% of medical and dental premiums, 100% of basic term life insurance and 100% of short and long-term disability premiums. Experience Kissimmee also offers a competitive and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan and a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
We offer a competitive compensation package with an annual performance review process, opportunities for professional development and membership to professional organizations.