Poston Communications is a national media relations, crisis and content agency serving clients in highly regulated industries, including top law and accounting firms, and other professional services organizations.
Our Poston Content division is expanding, and we are seeking freelance writers who have demonstrated experience in writing for professional services clients in a variety of industries and formats. We expect our writers to quickly grasp complex topics and present them in clear, conversational ways for our clients’ audiences.
Each client has a unique voice, and our commitment to aligning content with business development results differentiates us from other writing services. Our writers interact with top-level professionals, so the proven ability to conduct efficient, professional interviews with exceptional interpersonal skills is a must.
Writing assignments may include website content, bios, awards submissions, bylined articles, blog posts, social media posts, press releases, video scripts, newsletters and other marketing materials. Experience in creating content for digital platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook is a plus.
Our Content Experience
Poston Content’s hallmarks are an in-depth knowledge of professional services industries and a sophisticated understanding of what our clients’ audiences want to read. Our writers have editorial experience with national media outlets, public relations and marketing agencies and in-house communications at law firms and other professional organizations. In the legal industry, we have created content for Am Law 100 firms across the country, as well as small and mid-sized firms. Writing assignments for legal clients include Chambers legal ranking submissions, practice area descriptions and client alerts.
Industries we serve include:
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction
- Banking and Finance
- Health Care
- Media and Entertainment
- Professional Associations
- Real Estate and Hospitality
The Poston Content Team
Poston Content freelance writers work from their home offices in any part of the United States or Canada and are paid upon completion of work as 1099 contractors. Assignments may be project-based or hourly, depending on the scope required.
Our writers and editors share an appreciation for attention to detail, AP style, originality, efficiency and excellence in communications. Perhaps most importantly, the right candidate subscribes to our team philosophy of “we, us, our” when it comes to developing our culture of collaboration, leadership and success. He or she embodies Poston Communications’ mission and values.
- Solid writing experience and a content portfolio that demonstrates a sophisticated grasp of complex topics.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the drive to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to craft compelling messages across various types of communication.
- Experience with social media and content creation for digital platforms.
- Confidence, humility and effectiveness when dealing with agency management, team members and clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly connect and communicate effectively with clients in various roles and industries.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and a commitment to delivering “white glove” client service.
- Willingness to use and help us improve our document templates, writing style and formatting requirements.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org