The Florida Veterinary Medical Association (FVMA) is looking for an ambitious and energetic Content & Engagement Specialist to join our growing Communications & Public Relations team!
As the content & engagement specialist, you will assist in developing, implementing and improving all our means of internal and external communications. The content & engagement specialist will work collaboratively with the Communications and Public Relations team to promote a positive public image of the organization and encourage FVMA membership engagement.
If you are an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude and excellent communications skills, who has a love for writing and content creation, we would love to meet with you!
- Assists with creating content for our two publications – The Advocate and The Practitioner. This includes writing articles in different writing styles (i.e. feature stories, news stories, membership profiles, etc.).
- Generates content ideas for print publication editorial calendars.
- Assists in content development for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), including the scheduling, monitoring and analyzing of social media posts for the FVMA and its affiliate organizations.
- Generates content ideas for social media editorial calendar.
- Assists with social media on-site for FVMA conferences and symposiums.
- Edits and proofreads all print and online content.
- Develops communications for various campaigns/plans that reflect the voice and mission of the FVMA.
- Assists in drafting content for the media or public relations efforts (i.e. press releases).
- Drafts emails for email marketing campaigns via Constant Contact to disseminate information to members, conference attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, and/or Board members.
- Maintains and updates information on the FVMA website and all affiliate websites.
- Develops content for a both the FVMA website and all affiliate websites.
- Collaborates with other FVMA departments for any communication requests regarding needed content, graphics, emails, etc.
- Collaborates with director of communications & public relations to create effective communication strategies and initiatives in order to support the FVMA’s strategic goals.
- Performs other assigned and related work as required.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading and editing skills.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences, craft articles in different writing styles and draft communications for different channels.
- Mastery of AP Style.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in content production for various communication channels (i.e. print publications, social media, websites, etc.).
- Experience working with email marketing platforms (experience using Constant Contact a plus).
- Extensive knowledge of social media, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience in website design, management and content development.
- Experience working with a website content management system (experience using WordPress a plus).
- Media relations experience, including writing press releases and statements, building media lists, and collecting media mentions.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Google Alerts.
- Knowledge of photo and video-editing software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues that supports a cooperative work environment.
- Detail-oriented and excellent multitasker.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to complete assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a relevant field.
- At least three to five years of work experience in a communications-focused role (communications, journalism or public relations).
- At least one to two years of experience working with social media in a business capacity.
- Previous experience working with print publications a plus.
- Previous experience working at a nonprofit a plus.
Additional Application Materials Needed
Must provide at least three to five writing samples (can be sent as a link or in PDF form).
You may submit any other additional materials or a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to write, edit and/or proofread.