With a commitment to delivering excellence, embracing innovation, achieving results, continuous learning, and working together as a team, the Orange County Clerk of Courts has an opportunity for a talented individual to join our award-wining 400+ employee organization as Community Outreach & Communications Specialist. Known as the “information hub of the justice system,” the Orange County Clerk of Courts has a strong culture rooted in trust, respect, integrity, and excellence, and we make it a point to use good judgment, fairness, and common sense to meet our challenges. Attracting top talent who can thrive in an efficient and customer-oriented environment contributes to our success.
The highly qualified Community Outreach & Communications Specialist we seek:
- Will develop community outreach strategies, plans, programs, and initiatives for various customer groups and drive the Clerk’s office involvement in outreach to all customer segments and demographics.
- Will create a planned approach for community outreach and represent the Clerk of Courts at local community and business events to promote and educate the public about provided services.
- Will serve as a highly visible representative of the Clerk and the organization.
- Will develop relationships with key customer groups and organizations.
- Will participate in planning, organizing, and delivery of customer education and outreach programs for the Clerk of Courts (COC).
- As part of outreach, will assist with preparing speeches, talking points, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives.
- Will create content for other events or programs for both internal and external audiences.
- Will assist in day-to-day relationships with members of the media.
- Will assist the General Counsel with interpreting bills and research and understanding the impact to the COC
- Will interface with local and state government staff and elected officials through regular meetings, presentations, and calls
- Will assist and represent the Clerk in organizing legislative activities during legislative sessions and as needed
- Will develop and maintain a list of key contacts at other government agencies as well as Legislators and their staff and make available to the Communications staff, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), General Counsel, and Clerk of Courts
- Will confer with other managers in the organization to gather current information and to learn of upcoming changes in statutes, processes, and technology to update customers
Requirements for the Community Outreach & Communications Specialist:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Political Science, Public Administration, or directly related area
- Minimum of five (5) years of related public relations or community outreach experience
- Must have demonstrated experience working with elected officials
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends during non-traditional work hours for presence at various special events and meetings
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
For consideration and more detailed information about the Community Outreach & Communications Specialist position please visit our website at www.myorangeclerk.com to apply.