Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm® is a top Orlando-area agency for organizations and their leaders who recognize the importance of strategic, ethical and impactful communication.
For more than three decades, Florida’s leading brands in economic development, energy, health care, higher education, hospitality, finance, technology and tourism have turned to us for strategic advice, trusted counsel and total public relations program management.
Five Steps to Professional Success power our ability to become long term, essential partners to our clients:
- Focus on What Keeps the Client Awake at Night
- Analyze the Big Picture, Not Just the Snapshot
- Bring Our Clients Solutions, Not Problems
- Anticipate … Don’t Wait to Be Asked
- Accept Total Responsibility and Be Accountable for Everything You Do
We also believe in five core values that define who we are as a team. The professionals we employ are expected to represent Curley & Pynn and our clients by exhibiting these values:
- Integrity – We do the right thing even when no one is watching and work only with teammates and clients who do the same.
- Trust – We celebrate longstanding relationships with clients and teammates who know we always have their back.
- Family – We are fiercely loyal to each other and passionate about our right to have fun in the office and lives outside of it.
- Excellence – We employ the best and demand nothing but the best from ourselves.
- Leadership – We lead by example in our profession, in our community and in the industries in which our clients do business.
Curley & Pynn’s office in Maitland is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Due to COVID-19 safety concerns, our team is primarily working from home and plans to return to a hybrid work schedule when it’s safe for us to be back together in person.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, health care benefits and 401(k) match. We are committed to our team’s career development and have a history of promoting from within. Benefits of employment at Curley & Pynn also include:
- Supportive environment where success is celebrated and growth is nurtured.
- Three weeks of vacation time available from Day One, flexibility with personal appointments and early office closures on Fridays.
- Casual office dress code requiring employees to “dress up” only when appropriate for scheduled meetings and events.
- Professional development benefits, including company-sponsored professional association dues and meeting expenses.
- Birthday and work anniversary celebrations, gift card giveaways, well-planned pranks and occasional dance breaks.
Communications Strategist Job Summary
The communications strategist is responsible for leading all aspects of client accounts to which he or she is assigned, guiding staff performance and development, and continually seeking opportunities to advance the way we operate. In some agencies, they are referred to as “account supervisors.”
Communications strategists report to the firm’s senior officers. They are expected to lead by example in accordance with our “Five Steps" philosophy, with ambition to:
- Lead account teams to ensure cost-effective success against client metrics.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for business development with new and potential clients.
- Participate in professional development activities and facilitate growth of our team.
- Exhibit thought leadership through blog posts, social media engagement, presentations and related opportunities.
- Remain aware of emerging trends, issues and opportunities for our company and clients.
- Team Management and Mentoring – Delegate work and manage team members to achieve results, including the “managing up” of firm officers who work on our accounts. Mentor and facilitate the professional growth of junior team members by creating opportunities for development through client work, offering feedback and providing input to firm officers for performance reviews.
- Strategic Program Management – Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic plans to achieve client goals and objectives. Delegate tasks and supervise work by account teams. Ensure programs are managed efficiently to maximize clients’ investment and company profitability.
- Client Relations/Consulting – Maintain regular communication with clients to review progress against strategic plans, and to identify emerging opportunities and issues. Counsel clients on strategic approaches to issue, crisis or reputation management. Serve “on call” after business hours as needed.
- Business Development – Represent Curley & Pynn to current and potential clients by providing thought leadership through blog posts and social media content, and through leadership in community organizations and professional associations. Generate opportunities to expand the scope of work for existing clients, initiate new client relationships, and develop and present new business proposals in partnership with firm officers.
- Writing – Clearly communicate through the written word in various formats, including research reports, news releases, feature stories and fact sheets, website copy, email newsletters, business memos, etc. No skill is more important.
- Research – Conduct comprehensive research to support agency and client projects, digging deeply to fully assess and understand the topic.
- Media Relations – Identify and pursue newsworthy story angles. Build relationships with reporters, create media databases and actively pitch story ideas. Manage online monitoring resources, document stories that are important to our clients and develop client-facing coverage reports.
- Event Management – Manage the successful execution of client events to include liaison with vendors and volunteers, and coordination of operational elements such as staffing, seating and staging. Host media and VIP guests.
- Social Media Management – Develop and manage strategic social media programs, monitor social media for mentions of our clients, identify and build relationships with social influencers, and direct the development of content calendars and copy appropriate for various channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or a related field
- 4-8 years of professional experience (top candidates will have agency experience and Accreditation in Public Relations)
- Experience managing people and projects
- Portfolio of writing samples
- Success pitching and securing media coverage
Please send resumes to email@example.com.