Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's history. CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children and families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team throughout the state, we’re changing the face of foster care and positively impacting children and families’ lives for generations to come.
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving Florida's children and families!
As the Communications Specialist, you will support CHS programs and support teams through the implementation of communications, marketing tactics and strategic support. Overall, the Communications Specialist contributes to the CHS high-performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results that position CHS as the leader in delivering proactive behavioral health, case management, community and early childhood solutions for children and families.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's history!
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Support CHS programs and support teams through the implementation of communications and marketing tactics and strategic support.
- Coordinate, write and distribute e-communication in support of development efforts, including special events, stewardship, e-appeals and more.
- Ensure the CHS website and intranet remain updated and on brand.
- Provide program marketing support with updated brochures, flyers, templates, etc.
- Maintain reference and records library of CHS materials, including photo libraries.
- Support in the coordination, development and upkeep of print and electronic CHS marketing, engagement and fundraising materials.
- Participate in the development of organization-wide communication strategies and messaging.
- Uphold the CHS brand.
- Support in vendor management relationships.
- Work with program and support teams, and CHS leadership, to develop blogs that position CHS appropriately in the marketplace.
- Tell the story of CHS by partnering with program teams to share client and team member experiences.
- Participate in the quality management process.
- Contribute to a positive, engaging work environment.
- Develop a strong knowledge base and stay current on job-related issues and trends.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality process.
- Comply with CHS’s code of conduct, policies, procedures and other obligations.
- Assist with training other team members and providing back-up when necessary.
- Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the CHS Common Bond values in the performance of all job duties.
COMMUNICATIONS BEST PRACTICES | AUDIENCE SEGMENTATION & TARGETING | NONPROFIT INDUSTRY
Skills and Proficiency in:
- Word processing, Dropbox and presentation software
- WordPress, Video editing software, Canva
- Email software, such as MailChimp or Blackbaud Online Express
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative and storytelling skills
- Collaboration and working as a contributing team member Strong organizational skills
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Problem-solve, multi-task, and set and meet deadlines.
- Commit to providing high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships, including with vendors.
- Decipher complex information and share it appropriately in a meaningful way to target audiences
- Be energetic, passionate and adaptable with a deep commitment to social service, empathy for children and families, and a positive approach to embracing and managing change.
- Perform at a high level of autonomy, with general supervision.
- Perform under strong demands in fast-paced, diverse, sometimes ambiguous environments.
- Handle highly stressful, sensitive situations; maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Meet critical deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field from an accredited university, required
- Minimum of two years progressive experience in the field of communications, marketing or public relations, required
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite, required
- Previous history working in a nonprofit organization or a public relations agency, preferred
Together, good can be done.