Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm® is a top Orlando-area agency for organizations and their leaders who recognize the importance of strategic, ethical and impactful communication.
For more than three decades, Florida’s leading brands in economic development, energy, health care, higher education, hospitality, finance, technology and tourism have turned to us for strategic advice, trusted counsel and total public relations program management.
Five Steps to Professional Success power our ability to become long term, essential partners to our clients:
- Focus on What Keeps the Client Awake at Night
- Analyze the Big Picture, Not Just the Snapshot
- Bring Our Clients Solutions, Not Problems
- Anticipate … Don’t Wait to Be Asked
- Accept Total Responsibility and Be Accountable for Everything You Do
We also believe in five core values that define who we are as a team. The professionals we employ are expected to represent Curley & Pynn and our clients by exhibiting these values:
- Integrity – We do the right thing even when no one is watching and work only with teammates and clients who do the same.
- Trust – We celebrate longstanding relationships with clients and teammates who know we always have their back.
- Family – We are fiercely loyal to each other and passionate about our right to have fun in the office and lives outside of it.
- Excellence – We employ the best and demand nothing but the best from ourselves.
- Leadership – We lead by example in our profession, in our community and in the industries in which our clients do business.
Curley & Pynn’s office in Maitland is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, health care benefits and 401(k) match. We are committed to our team’s career development and have a history of promoting from within.
Benefits of employment at Curley & Pynn also include:
- Supportive environment where success is celebrated and growth is nurtured.
- Three weeks of vacation time available from Day One, flexibility with personal appointments and early office closures on “Summer Fridays.”
- Casual office dress code requiring employees to “dress up” only when appropriate for scheduled meetings and events.
- Professional development benefits, including company-sponsored professional association dues and meeting expenses.
- Birthday and work anniversary celebrations, gift card giveaways, well-planned pranks and occasional dance breaks.
What you need:
Curley & Pynn’s communications specialists are entry-level to midlevel practitioners who support account teams in the execution of strategic public relations and marketing communications programs for our clients. In some agencies, they are referred to as “assistant account executives” or “coordinators.”
Communications specialists report to associate communications strategists, communications strategists and the firm’s senior officers. They are expected to be self-starters with ambition to:
- Deliver completed work that needs little or no editing.
- Bring fresh ideas to client and internal meetings.
- Remain knowledgeable on emerging trends, issues and opportunities important to our company and clients.
- Complete assignments on deadline and maintain accountability for how time is spent on behalf of clients.
- Proactively seek feedback and participate in professional development activities.
- Writing – Clearly communicate through the written word in various formats, including research reports, news releases, feature stories and fact sheets, website copy, email newsletters, business memos, etc. No skill is more important.
- Research – Conduct comprehensive research to support agency and client projects, digging deeply to fully assess and understand the topic.
- Media Relations – Identify and pursue newsworthy story angles. Build relationships with reporters, create media databases and actively pitch story ideas. Manage online monitoring resources, document stories that are important to our clients and develop client-facing coverage reports.
- Event Coordination – Distribute invitations and manage guest registrations. Liaise with vendors and volunteers and coordinate operational elements such as seating and staging. Host media and VIP
- Social Media Management – Monitor social media for mentions of our clients, identify and build relationships with social influencers, and outline content calendars and copy appropriate for various channels.
- Business Development – Represent Curley & Pynn to current and potential clients by providing thought leadership through blog posts and social media content, and through membership in community organizations and professional associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or a related field
- 1-3 years of professional experience (agency experience preferred)
- Portfolio of writing samples
- Experience pitching and securing media coverage
Interested? Email your resume, writing samples and a cover letter to Dan Ward, APR, CPRC, at email@example.com.