This is a part-time, paid internship requiring a minimum 15 hours per week. The communications and social media intern will report to the director of marketing and communications at the UCF College of Nursing and will collaborate on projects with the college's graphic designer and other staff.
Start Date: January 7, 2019 | End Date: August 15, 2019 (negotiable)
Location: Research Park (parking on-site or take UCF Shuttle 9)
- Write web copy and help maintain accuracy of content on new college website currently in development using WordPress
- Report on college news by researching and interviewing subjects
- Write news stories and profile pieces for the College of Nursing blog and UCF Today
- Produce and manage new simulation e-Newsletter (author articles and layout using MailChimp)
- Create and maintain content calendar for the College of Nursing social media channels
- Monitor, interact, and create/schedule posts for social media channels
- Research social media trends and implement accordingly
- Cover events, as needed
- Photography and videography a plus
- Basic knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with WordPress, MailChimp and Hootsuite preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Experience with interviewing faculty, staff and students for news stories
- Completed a writing internship or appropriate classes
- Experience with taking photos and shooting video
- Confidence to work independently and ‘go live’ for video reporting around the college
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Graphic design skills preferred but not required
15-20 hours per week at $10/hour. Work schedule is somewhat flexible but cubicle/computer space is available on Mondays 12-5, Tuesdays 8-5, and Thursdays 8-5.
Application: Please send applications to Carolyn.Petagno@ucf.edu. Include resume and website or PDF portfolio of recent work.