At Orange County Government, Florida we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness, and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that positively impact Central Florida and help shape the future of our community.
Celebrating nearly 40 years of success, the award-winning Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is one of the largest convention facilities in the United States, and is owned and operated by Orange County Government. Located in the heart of the tourism district, the Center serves as the perfect event destination - attracting more than 200 events to the Central Florida region annually. By hosting regional, national and international conventions, meetings and trade shows, the convention center infuses the local economy with new money and expanding business opportunities. As a result, roughly 1.5 million attendees contribute approximately $3 billion to the area's annual economy. The OCCC is a leader in the events, trade shows and conventions industry and is known as The Center of Hospitality.
**Before you apply: Understand that this role requires significant on-site presence at the OCCC and is not remote eligible. After 3 months a hybrid work schedule may be possible, based on division and event activity. National travel by airplane required every other month for 1 week at a time to attend trade shows and client sponsored events.
The Communications Section Manager will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive and effective communication and media/public relation programs. This role will focus on managing the operations of the communications team in executing the communications strategies.
Note that at the current time this role is not eligible for remote work. After 3 months a hybrid work schedule may be possible, based on division and event activity.
Communications Section Manager implements and executes national advertising campaigns and strategic marketing and communications plans for the Orange County Convention Center to attract potential clients and retain existing business. Interacts with Executive Team, media and advertising agencies as well as clients, industry partners and stakeholders to solidify business for brand and reputation management.
Work is performed with independence under general supervision of the Deputy Director. Performance is reviewed through observations, conferences, reports and results achieved.
Orange County Convention Center Representative Duties /Assignments
- Leads the Marketing and Communications section in the performance of their specific duties; prioritizes, assigns and monitors tasks and projects. Monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and implements changes required for improvement.
- Conducts annual review of budgeted executed plan and recommendations for new campaigns with nationwide publications.
- Support Sales Managers for sales campaigns, client resources, sales missions, etc.
- Directs annual national advertising plan with targeted ad buys to enhance the OCCC’s brand and reputation as a leader in the convention and trade show industry. Oversees the creative direction, messaging and design of ads for national ad campaigns.
- Travels to industry events and Sales Missions to oversee client presentations, mainstage announcements, and advertising, branding, promotional, sponsorship opportunities for trade booth and client appreciation events with service partners and visitors bureau.
- National travel by airplane required every other month for 1 week at a time to attend trade shows and client sponsored events.
- Develops and maintains relationships with area stakeholders, chambers, and partners to educate local businesses, government officials and community leaders regarding the benefits the OCCC provides through meetings, communications and presentations.
- Directs promotional and informational videos of the OCCC, Service Partners, proposal and solicitation videos featuring Orange County Mayor, tourism stakeholders, partners, OCCC leadership, testimonials, and all sales and marketing videos.
- Serves as the Public Information Officer and liaison for press. Facilitates and responds to all public records requests.
- Executes the annual Orange County Convention Center marketing and communications plan to maximize awareness of the facility.
- Manages all internal and external print and digital marketing and communications collateral, including service partner messaging.
- Identifies current and historical trends, comparison reports and opportunities in all markets to prepare and present reports, and other related client correspondence.
- Oversees OCCC social media strategy, targeted at maximizing awareness and building a positive national brand identity.
- Administer sales and events planning materials, brochures and inventory and coordination with administrative staff and graphic and contracted services company.
- Directs and oversees creative design and distribution of annual report, monthly metrics plans, annual strategic sales and marketing plan, annual fulfilment reports for Service and Gold Key Attraction Partners.
- Leads messaging and creative direction of the OCCC website and intranet.
- Executes special events such as the Executive Client Advisory Board meetings, VIP visits, Managers’ Retreat and ad hoc meetings.
- Conducts yearly evaluations of all marketing and communications staff.
- Industry sponsorship fulfillment tracking and production for PCMA and IAEE.
- Stays current on all ESF requirements and FEMA training.
- Meets the Center of Hospitality (CoH) standards.
- May be required to work weekends, nights and some holidays.
- Performs other duties of a comparable level as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Public Administration, Business or closely related field, and six (6) years of progressive management experience in communications, community relations, public affairs, community initiative or strategic issue management.
Preferred: Master's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Public Administration.
Ability to communicate effectively with the media, industry partners, internal and external clients. Ability to work under high-pressure conditions and deadlines, think analytically and imaginatively. Experience with hospitality client software, USI/EBMS. Meets Center of Hospitality (CoH) Standards. Experience in marketing and communications in a convention center, convention bureau, convention hotel or the hospitality industry.
Open: 6-15-2022 / Close: 6-29-2022 *Note: Subject to close prior to deadline without notice.
$45.80/hr to $56.67/hr. Placement based on qualifications.
Apply at www.ocfl.net/jobs, Job ID: 29518.