Looking to electrify your career? OUC - The Reliable One, an industry leader and the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for a Communications Manager to join our team.
We're looking for a strategic and creative thinker with excellent storytelling and technical writing skills. In this role you'll develop, implement, and manage an effective communications program for internal audiences, including: customer education and outreach, employee communications, crisis communications, and other stakeholder communications. Also, you'll be responsible for overseeing the creation, execution and evaluation of multiple annual strategic communications for Commission-related initiatives, and special projects to ensure that timelines and deadlines are met.
OUC’s mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community through the delivery of sustainable and reliable services and solutions. Click here to learn more about what we do.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English or related area of study from an accredited college or university (required)
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with journalism, corporate communications and/or public relations developing and editing content via multiple modalities and engaging audiences across multiple channels (print and digital) (required)
- Experience creating and leveraging analytics to track and enhance audience or stakeholder engagement
- Experience developing and executing communication strategies to strengthen the employer brand (required)
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience leading a team (preferably a communications team) (required)
- Project management and/or other experience in leading efforts and setting direction for projects (preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
OUC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. OUC's Total Rewards package includes to cite a few:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Competitive compensation
- Low-cost medical, dental benefits, and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period
- Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Educational and professional assistance programs
- Paid memberships in professional associations
- Paid conference and training opportunities
- Free downtown parking