Orlando Shakes in partnership with UCF is looking for a creative and experienced Communications Manager with strong writing skills to support the Marketing and Public Relations department at Central Florida’s largest professional theater company. Are you the perfect player to fill our role?
- Writing strong promotional materials
- Support Media Relations efforts to enhance Orlando Shakes' brand and mission, including writing press releases, media pitches, articles, op-eds, blogs, etc.
- Social Media - content creation and distribution
- Develop promotional / marketing content
- Copy for programs & bios
- Event assistance
- Create eblasts / emails
- Write and edit newsletters, emails, other communications as assigned
- Track print and social analytics
- Attend productions and events
- Be onsite for media interviews, stories, etc.
- Coordinate and execute social media campaigns / overall social media calendar
- Social Media monitoring / e.g. responses to messages, etc.
- Support photo and video events, openings, press events, promotional events, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director
- Two years of experience in journalism or communications related field
- Knowledge of Google Work Space
- Social media management experience
- Media relations experience preferred
- Video and Photography experience a plus
Physical / Environmental Demands:
- Regularly required to sit
- Required to talk and hear
- Noise level in the environment is low
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Reports to: Director of Public Relations & Marketing
PLEASE PROVIDE RESUME AND COVER LETTER AND SAMPLES OF YOUR WRITING.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 - $35,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday, some after-hours, some weekends
All employees need to show proof of vaccination. We also test weekly for Covid at our facility. This is at no charge to the employee. We are all masked during the workday. We have HEPA air filters in use and advanced cleaning in practice each day.
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume, along with writing samples, to: MichaelL@OrlandoShakes.org