Quest Corporation of America, Inc. (Quest) is Florida’s largest transportation communications firm. We pride ourselves on being a company that likes to grow leaders, promote within, and provide the necessary training and guidance to employees so they meet, and in some cases exceed, their professional goals. Quest is seeking a self-motivated, experienced Communications Manager to join our Central Florida team. The ideal candidate has experience or a strong desire to work on and learn about construction/infrastructure projects and will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Bilingual is a plus.
Candidates from the following locations are preferred: Brevard County, Volusia County, Seminole County, Orange County, Lake County, Marion County, Osceola County.
- Develop community engagement plans to inform the public about transportation projects.
- Field, mediate and document issues from the public related to infrastructure projects.
- Communicate project progress to adjacent residents, businesses and stakeholders via written materials, field meetings and community group presentations.
- Design and maintain a favorable public image for the organization and customer.
- Post alerts to website and/or social media. Maintain and update project content on website.
- Draft and distribute construction alerts notifying the public about traffic pattern and other impacts.
- Coordinate all public relations activities and events.
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders affected by or interested in projects.
- Leverage existing relationships to help achieve our organization’s and client’s missions.
- Stay abreast of community issues to advise project teams and client of potential challenges.
- Create content and collaborate with creative graphics and/or video team to develop project educational materials.
- Develop strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Travel is required to construction field offices, project sites and public/progress meetings across the Central Florida area, with occasional travel to the Quest corporate offices in Land O’ Lakes and Lake Mary.
- Minimum 2 years of transportation experience serving a state or municipal agency or work experience in communications/public relations/journalism.
- Knowledge of project development phases from planning through construction.
- Ability to plan, organize and successfully complete multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with digital communications, including websites, social media, signage, direct mail campaigns and graphic design.
- Strong, creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with a significant degree of independence, initiative, creativity, and expert judgement.
- Deadline and detail-oriented, and solution-driven.
- Talent for understanding, simplifying and effectively communicating complex information to diverse audiences.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and planning tools such as Monday.com, SharePoint and/or Teams.