At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story: https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Who We Are:
We are a global team of communicators who are passionate about putting people first in planning and infrastructure. As a full-service community engagement and creative practice, we develop and implement ideas to bring people together in projects of every size and sector. We help people get to know each other, foster understanding, and build more connected, equitable, and sustainable communities.
HDR is seeking a Communications Coordinator for our Orlando, FL office who is passionate about communications/public relations, has a drive to innovate, and a habit of thinking outside the box. This person will serve as a strategic communications coordinator delivering communications for infrastructure projects on an industry-leading team.
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications plans (target audience strategy, media relations and tracking, collateral material, comment response programs, overall activity schedule, information lines, contact databases and activity reporting).
- Assist with event planning and management, outreach strategy, and materials development for public meetings, hearings, open houses, focus groups, workshops, advisory committees, and other stakeholder meetings.
- Develop and disseminate public notices and press releases; monitor /track media for project documentation; produce media wrap-up reports for project-specific coverage including television, print, radio, and online.
- Assist with and manage the comment database including distribution lists, logging sign-in sheets, comment coding, comment response and reporting.
- Be responsible for the research of industry trends, stakeholders, regulatory requirements, and more for client projects.
- Assist in the development of project-specific outreach tools, including websites, databases, emails/e-newsletters, and social media.
- Document all outreach activities including activity tracking and reporting.
- Assist with stakeholder coordination and conflict resolution (in-person visits, phone calls, email).
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or similar field required
- Minimum three years’ experience in related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel and support our work across the area and elsewhere
- Service- and client-oriented personality with the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and meet set deadlines
- Self-starter who can work well independently or in a team environment
- Experience using social media platforms and social media campaigns
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
To apply directly to this position, use the link below:
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider all qualified applicants, regardless of arrest and conviction records.