Do you know a PR and communications professional who is looking to make a difference in marine conservation? CCA Florida is looking for a Communications and Marketing Manager.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will develop, execute and oversee CCA Florida’s marketing and communications strategies and efforts, aimed at generating brand awareness and furthering advocacy and engagement in the state. The position will also oversee all communication for the nonprofit’s annual signature STAR competition. Specifically, the Manager will create communication that ensures continued awareness, consistent messaging, tone of voice and visual identity.
The Manager will lead public relations efforts, including content development, media and community outreach, promoting events and happenings, and thoughtfully position CCA Florida as a leader in marine resource conservation and education.
As needed, the Manager will coordinate with internal staff (and outside resources as appropriate) to develop communication and assets as needed.
- Manage the overall CCA Florida brand, including CCA Florida sub-brands (STAR) and event branding;
- Develop and deliver comprehensive and long-term public relations plans to advance CCA Florida’s mission, goals and growth with key audiences;
- Develop and regularly share communications (key messages, talking points, media alerts, news releases, FAQ, press kits, blogs, social posts and other strategic communications as appropriate), design, layout and production of all marketing collateral in collaboration with the COO;
- Research, create, secure and manage distribution and sharing of content through all communication channels;
- Serve as creator and editor of CCA Florida’s statewide magazine (3x per year);
- Monitor and facilitate social communication and content;
- Create and maintain relationships with key members of the media;
- Generate and respond to media requests and inquiries;
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations related to the communications and marketing strategies;
- Represent CCA Florida at appropriate events;
- Develop and maintain a crisis communications plan, including a communication cascade and key messaging for various scenarios and reactive situations; serve as spokesperson for crisis situations as a key point of contact;
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives, including digital communication and the organization’s web site in order to optimize efficiencies for the organization as a whole;
- Manage relationships/partnerships with outside vendors as appropriate.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in communications, public relations or related field
- Solid writing skills - ability to create and write engaging content – social posts, magazine articles, media materials, etc.
- Proven experience in media relations – developing materials and pitching the media
- Experience developing and analyzing marketing campaigns and their effectiveness
We need to fill this position fast! Resumes are requested by Friday, September 6. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.