Summary: The Account Executive will be charged with understanding the full scope of accounts – from ideation to execution and analysis—and be responsible for reporting up through a variety of team members at any given time within the agency’s hospitality + lifestyle division, with a daily direct report to Maria Wyatt-Uhl. While the position will be based in Orlando, it will also support accounts in Boston and New York, with visibility to other accounts around the US including but not limited to Chicago, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas.
Duties include (but are not limited to): Drafting client-facing and media-facing documents; Attending and taking internal and external notes during meetings and conference calls; Staffing photoshoots and press/influencer opportunities; Following PR timelines and communications plans, tracking and powerfully reporting on all earned coverage. In addition, the account executive must demonstrate a commitment and ability to develop his/her position as required by the needs of the team.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Ken Langdon firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism
- 3+ years professional experience in an agency and/or corporate setting, preferably in public relations or marketing, with relevant experience within hospitality and entertainment.
- Strong media and influencer contacts in Orlando and surrounding areas (Tampa, Jacksonville, Miami a huge plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and service-oriented
- Comfort in working remotely with regular weekly in-person check-ins
- Independent, creative self-starter who wants to learn and evolve
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage and execute multiple projects, priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others on both the staff and client side, open to constructive coaching from all senior level executives
- Professional experience or personal interest in the hospitality, entertainment, and lifestyle industries preferred. We want you interested in the type of business our clients are in
- Intrinsically open and flexible to address, resolve, and optimize situations
- Flexible schedule allowing some work on nights and weekends as needed
- Tech Savvy. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Apple’s suite of products preferred. Understand the nuances of social media with a grasp of what makes YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok relevant (and why they are so different).
- Develop trust and respect from clients and Allied’s executive team and other colleagues by demonstrating sound business judgment, writing skills and interpersonal skills with clients, associates, colleagues and media
- Maintain professional conduct at all times, even in social situations (this includes social media posting if your account is not privately locked)
- Showcase an interest in developing communication, leadership and creative thinking skills beyond the workplace (via workshops, blogs, podcasts, books, etc.)
- Continually develop internal and external communication skills, gain industry expertise, and demonstrate independent problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Practice honesty and transparency with colleagues, media, clients and other business associates that are met throughout the course of this position
- Work with Allied’s executive team to manage existing workload while always wanting additional challenges and opportunities
- Participate in yearly staff evaluations and annual goal setting overviews/development planning
- Communicate with his/her direct report on a regular basis about individual performance
- Develop/encourage a spirit of teamwork and high morale