- Lead operational and financial performance of account teams, ensuring quality work, effective processes and that client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback
- Lead new business development efforts, capitalizing on, and contributing to, the Edelman global network to serve and grow business, including proactively mining relationships and responding to RFPs
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others
- Set and lead both traditional and social strategic media relations course
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, and consistently providing feedback in order to oversee their professional development
- Manage billing and budgets
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
The vice president must have at least eight years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
The vice president should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency sides. S/he should have a track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals. S/he should be a superb people manager and have experience successfully managing resources and budgets as well as helping win new business. S/he will be entrepreneurial and professional and have the confidence necessary to manage a team.