Give Kids The World (GKTW) seeks a senior-level professional with in-depth experience in all areas of sales management, agency or client account management and/or nonprofit fundraising. The successful candidate will possess the knowledge and ability to establish and lead the implementation of an effective revenue generating program resulting in $10 million plus annually.
This is an exciting opportunity to strengthen the GKTW’s financial base to secure sustainable funding for annual operations, capital projects and the endowment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivate Innovation - Challenge the status quo with creative and innovated ways to meet and exceed financial goals
- Champion the development of a strategic, comprehensive, and integrated revenue generating strategy. Report on this action plan detailing objectives, timelines, budgets and track progress toward achieving the Development team’s goals
- Collaboratively and strategically work with Marketing and Data Management teams to identify new partnerships, grow existing relationships and increase success rate of revenue generating activities
- Management and oversight of key development initiatives including new and existing partner relationships, special events, cultivation and stewardship programs for major prospects and current donors, third party fundraising, planned giving and workplace giving
- Inspire, challenge, mentor and promote a team environment within the development team and across the organization to deliver results in a sound fiscal, efficient and effective manner
- Responsible for developing, training, supervising and motivating nine direct reports, as well as establishing performance evaluations and merit planning.
- Leads team in the development of strategic objectives and plans, as well as tactical plans
- Professionally represent GKTW with donors and donor prospects, as well as at conferences and seminars, public meetings and forums and GKTW special events
- Collaborate with Marketing team on the design and content of fundraising materials, including donor solicitations, special event campaigns, development related articles and other related fundraising tools
- Exemplify and maintain accountability for the GKTW mission, standards and core values, become well versed in GKTW programs and services in order to share this information in updates to major donors and funders and inform members of the Team regarding GKTW fundraising objectives and activities
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards in management and fundraising and with all regulations and laws
- Adherence to attendance standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/DIRECT REPORTS:
- Development Staff
PHYSICAL DEMANDS BEYOND NORMAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel for extended overnight occasions.
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery operated golf cart.
- Ability to lift and transfer 15 lbs.
- A track record of successful and sustainable sales management, client or agency account management and/or nonprofit fundraising programs
- Excellent leadership skills and presence with the ability to engage and inspire others within the Development team and across the organization. A sense of humor is a plus
- Highly competent in interpreting data and developing strategic plans
- Capable of translating plans and ideas into action that produces results as well as provide the appropriate direction and input to the Marketing team for them to effectively support the business objectives
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Business acumen and fiscal responsibility
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, goal oriented and the capacity to manage multiple priorities with attention to details
- Able to work independently as well as promote collaboration and work with diverse groups
- Exceptional ability and confidence in engaging high net-worth individuals, board members and other high-profile individuals
- Knowledge of MS Office, Salesforce and/or other fundraising donor management systems a plus
- Commitment to continued professional growth and development
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institute in a relevant field such as business, marketing, advertising, public relations, etc.
- A minimum of 8-10+ years in leadership development positions including all aspects of sales management, agency or client account management and/or nonprofit fundraising with at least 6 years in a senior leadership position
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.