PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must provide a copy of their resume, cover letter, and a 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is unpaid, but can be for Academic Credit.
Students interning at the Central Florida Commission on Homelessness (CFCH) will have the opportunity to develop their writing, editing, research, visual, social media, and professional development skills while contributing to the fulfillment of the CFCH mission. Interns will gain valuable work experience in the communications, event planning, marketing, policy, and public relations fields as they develop new content and see their work published. They also will have the opportunity to meet and interact with local leaders in government, nonprofits, business, and the faith community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research, write, and edit articles (or contribute to the production of articles) to appear on the CFCH Web site and social media channels, and possibly in news reports and other publications
- Help coordinate special events, such as H.O.P.E. Volunteer Program, committee meetings, and other events as needed
- Take photographs at events and post to social media platforms.
- Research special projects, analyze data.
- Assist with hardcopy and electronic mailings as needed.
- Assist in the development of collateral material for CFCH
- Assist in the creation of Web site content
- Ensure that all publications adhere to standard formal English
- Sit in on committee meetings and complete meeting minutes
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Engaged Learner
- Pleasant and positive attitude
- Team player
- Works well independently
- Ability to attend lunch-time and evening events on occasion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Task-oriented and proficiency at meeting deadlines
- Must provide their own laptops
- Please send a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 page writing sample
Job Type: Internship