SPECIAL EVENT AND MEETING PLANNER
Send resumes to Career@Orlando.org
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Orlando Economic Partnership (the Partnership) works to provide the Orlando region with quality jobs, economic growth, broad-based prosperity and a sustainable quality of life. It is a not-for-profit public/ private partnership representing seven counties – Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole and Volusia – as well as the City of Orlando.
The mission of the Partnership includes creating high-wage, high-value jobs, expanding Central Florida’s global reach and competitiveness, supporting and enhancing educational/skills preparedness in the talent pipeline, strengthening advocacy for improved infrastructure and community resources, and creating an enviable quality of life that is broad-based and sustainable.
The Partnership is positioned as a best-in-class community and economic development organization and will create and host signature events that strengthen this positioning. Signature events will be used as a vehicle to increase awareness of Orlando Economic Partnership and communicate all offerings and services, retain investor/member participation and enhance engagement. They will be value propositions for membership and investors and used to communicate all offerings and services, and as such, they will be viewed as a part of the overall Marketing and Communications efforts.
The Special Event and Meeting Planner is a member of the Marketing team and will be supervised and evaluated by the SVP of Marketing and Communications. This position will be responsible for leading the organization, management and execution of all Partnership and Partnership business unit events and meetings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Branded/signature events project manager and ticket revenue: Includes responsibility of the overall Partnership events budget, financial and operational administration of the functions, gathering CEO, COO, Investor Relations and SVP of Marketing’s input/direction and managing the staff/program checklists involved relating to event assignments.
- Master calendar administrator: Manage and coordinate the Partnership’s official master calendar. Manage the usage of all Partnership meeting space and coordinate with both internal team members and external partners in the scheduling/usage of the meeting space, insuring no conflicts or double bookings occur.
- Manage the attendance and participation of external regional events: Provide monthly reports of the upcoming month’s regional events with recommendations to be shared at the management team meeting to decide Partnership representation.
- Chair the events and meeting planning committee to assist in all signature events: Chair internal committee, schedule all meetings and manage all assignments, insuring all aspects of events are coordinated.
- Events logistical and contractual support: Create and update standard meeting SOPs with appropriate marketing/branding included, approved food and beverage discounts/quantity ordering advice and, as needed, logistical support to the project managers who run specific events/programs/committees.
- Regional Branding Council & Regional Branding Committee: Works with SVP to plan and execute quarterly committee meetings. Creates and manages agenda and presentation, with guidance from SVP. Tracks members and attendees in database directly. Creates and disseminates meeting communications. Manages event checklist and onsite logistic
- Accounting, Reporting & Scheduling: Actively manage the tracking/cost of events for SVP of Marketing and COO to measure according to spending policies. Collaborates with Accounting Department to prepare the department’s monthly billing reports and invoices for Events. Researches and prepares the Events annual budgets, forecasts and strategic plans. Researches and makes recommendations to streamline events processes.
- Community Engagement Budget: Manage the OEP’s “Community Engagement” budget when staff need to purchase event tickets or CEO/COO/SVP Marketing decide to do unique sponsorship.
The position is also expected to contribute relevant input into the evaluation of team performance, technical systems, policies and procedures. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them if they are similar, related or logical assignments in support of the mission.
Partnership employees may occasionally be called upon to provide their unique talents and abilities to solve specific problems or to address specific questions outside their job description. These may be related either to their team’s mission or in support of an organizational goal. As such, they may be asked to participate in a variety of ad-hoc assignments and are expected to be flexible in their work practices and supportive of other team members.
All employees of the Partnership are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined in the Partnership Personnel Manual. The Coordinator is responsible for understanding this manual.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- College degree in a related field preferred
- Experience with CRM software
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 3-5 years of experience with event planning and management
- Organized and performs tasks with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Comfortable interacting with high level executives and government officials
- Five years of relevant experience in a sales, marketing or public relations environment, preferred but not required
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity and trust
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Experienced in prioritizing a heavy workload with the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage long-term projects as well as respond to urgent requests