Job Title: Social Media/Content Strategist
Reports To: Vice President of Marketing
OVERVIEW/ POSITION PURPOSE:
The Social Media/Content Strategist is responsible for planning, creating and executing content across a variety of different channels, with a focus on Social. The Village is brought to life through the stories that are made possible by our wish children and families, volunteers, corporate partners, donors and staff. The right candidate will help craft and deliver these stories in meaningful ways to increase awareness and engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage the content calendar, in collaboration with various internal teams and external partners, for optimal storytelling
- Create the channel strategy and execute campaigns to deliver on the content calendar and business objectives
- Manage, optimize (develop KPI’s) and provide regular reporting for all social media platforms
- Produce, edit, publish and share engaging content to support social media plans
- Community Management; ensure all social communities are delivering on their objectives and providing a positive experience for users, track user-generated content, respond to comments/questions, etc.
- Stay current on emerging technology, platforms and trends to generate new ideas and increase brand engagement
- Build relationships with thought leaders and influencers to increase awareness, leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within the industry
- Minimal publicity and media outreach to support our Signature Events, campaigns and corporate partners
- Work with all departments of the Village on initiatives as deemed necessary
- Adherence to attendance standards
- Additional duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS BEYOND NORMAL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel for overnight occasions
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including battery-operated golf cart
- Ability to lift and transfer 25 lbs.
COMPETENCIES AND SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Excellent writer
- Expert knowledge of Social Media platforms and best practices for all of them
- Has a keen understanding of how to connect business goals and brand objectives to social KPIs, including hands-on experience with social analytics and reporting.
- Can translate campaign results into actionable insights and future optimizations.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and communication skills needed to maintain brand consistency and dialogue with a broad mix of internal/external stakeholders
- Expert grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills; experience using strong written communication skills to conceptualize, structure, and write compelling copy transforming complex information into clear, engaging content
- Photo/video skills a plus
- Strong collaborative skills for working inter-departmentally
- Excellent relationship and communication skills
- Creative thinker and doer
- Positive, innovative “Can-Do” approach
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- BA Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or relevant field. APR accreditation is a plus
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in Social Media and Public Relations, designing and executing plans
- Experience with fundraising and peer-to-peer campaigns a plus
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.