Linda Costa Communications Group, a full-service PR and marketing agency with a 30+ year history in Central Florida, is continuing to grow. We’re seeking a full-time account executive or senior account executive to join a dynamic and hard-working team. We’re looking for a self-starter with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, a proactive approach to client service and passion for all things communications.
At least 3-5 years of PR experience, with at least 1 year at an agency, is required. Media relations experience is an absolute must; Understanding of the Central Florida and statewide media is expected. Experience in or strong knowledge of professional service, finance and nonprofit industries is a strong advantage and should be indicated in your cover letter.
Position will require management of team accounts, so experience doing such is required. Must be comfortable developing PR strategy and working in a group setting. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Position must be fulfilled on-site.
- Serve as primary contact on multiple accounts
- Manage daily and weekly account service activities
- Possess an aggressive media pitching approach
- Develop creative and newsworthy story angles
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Develop and coordinate media events
- Maintain a proactive approach to presenting ideas, pitching angles and community relations opportunities for clients
- Research strategic community involvement opportunities in several Florida markets
- Create press materials including press releases, bylined articles, advisories, PSAs, etc.
- Maintain a detailed reporting system of activities and outcomes
- Ability to balance and prioritize client needs
- Strategic planning for media and community relations efforts
- 3-5 years of public relations experience; agency experience required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must demonstrate media relations skills on a local, regional and national level
- In-depth knowledge of public relations writing and AP Style
- Ability to multi-task and manage time
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Cision
- Event coordination and management experience
- College degree in PR, journalism or related field required
- Organized, enthusiastic and proactive self-starter who works well with a team
Cover letters, resumes and writing samples should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.