EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of five years’ professional experience and a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or related field. Ability to read, write and speak Spanish a plus.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for supporting, developing and implementing communications initiatives, events and activities across a broad spectrum of traditional and digital media outlets to promote a positive dairy message to consumers in the state of Florida.
Knowledge, skills and ability:
- Independently shoot, write, edit, and produce video features on farm families, agricultural events and human-interest stories that relate to farm practices and the dairy farming industry. Expertise in Final Cut Pro required.
- Draft press releases, fact sheets and other marketing materials directed to traditional and online media.
- Provide story ideas and content for newsletters, including electronic and print versions. Expertise in Constant Contact or Mail Chimp required.
- Oversee website development and serve as liaison between FDF and vendor.
- Manage all social media assets, including maintaining Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube presence.
- Develop and direct the implementation of all online contests, sweepstakes and promotions.
- Manage blogger partnerships, working with food and fitness bloggers to develop campaigns, website content, recipes and sweepstakes that drive web traffic and digital engagement.
- Work with top food and fitness bloggers to plan and execute events at blogger conferences throughout the state of Florida.
- Develop and direct traditional and social media training programs for Florida’s dairy farm owners.
- Track social analytics to garner insights and report results on campaigns and programs.
- Project manager for FDF - Florida Gators IMG sports marketing partnership
- Work directly with IMG and UF athletic department to create new campaign ideas promoting the Florida Dairy Farmers brand
- Plan and execute consumer events at Florida Gator athletic events
- Manage and promote in-game and digital fan contests and promotions
If interested please send your resume to Noel Perkins – firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Multi-media Communications Specialist in the subject line.