Marketing & Public Relations Manager – Translife – Orlando
Orlando seeks to hire Marketing & Public Relations Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
As the federally-designated organ procurement organization (OPO) for 10 counties in east Central Florida, TransLife works closely with hospitals and donor families to coordinate the gift of life. At the time of donation, TransLife becomes a critical link between a donor and possible recipients. Our responsibilities include the recovery, preservation and distribution of donated organs to critically ill patients. In addition, we also work with community partners to heighten education on organ and tissue donation and donor designation while providing care to our donor families through the family services program.
Under general direction, develop, implement and evaluate a strategic marketing and public relations plan to maximize participation in organ and tissue donation education and donor designation. Supervise public relations staff, including family services, in the development, implementation and evaluation of education and aftercare programs. Responsible for, and is liaison to Florida Hospital, for media relations, promotion, advertising, special writing projects and grant submissions on behalf of TransLife. Participate on a local, state and national level with other organizations that are influential in the field of organ donation and transplantation. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Must possess exceptional communication and organizational skills. Ability to write for a broad variety of constituents, including: donor families, volunteers, hospital personnel, medical professionals, media, driver license office staff and customers, community partners, and more.
- Must be self-motivated, systematic in approaches and flexible to the needs of a medical service that is offered 24 hours per day.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or related field, i.e. advertising/public relations, marketing, public health, journalism.
- Five years experience in public relations.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish. (Preferred)
- Experience in health services. (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Demonstrate through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation all public relations programs, including family services, providing a quarterly report to the executive director.
- Conduct a monthly audit of the public relations budget to ensure adequate funding for ongoing and pending projects, providing a summary report to PR staff at monthly meetings.
- Conduct a monthly audit of donor designation data, providing (1) a monthly report to PR staff, and (2) a quarterly report to executive director and all other TransLife employees.
- Facilitate the development and distribution of monthly staff e-newsletter. In addition, facilitate activities hosted by the TransLife Diversity Team.
- Develop and distribute a minimum of four news releases per year.
- Create, in conjunction with appropriate staff members, all collateral materials to support program goals, (i.e., brochures, booklets, posters, newsletters, web site, and display materials). Evaluate and make appropriate changes in copy and graphic images yearly to ensure messages are consistent and representative of the TransLife program. Also ensure correct use of Donate Life insignia.
- Conduct a minimum of 30 in-services to key publics within a 12-month period.
- Actively participate on the TransLife Quality Committee. In addition, participate in a minimum of three professional development workshops within a 12-month period.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Marketing & Public Relations Manager opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.