Wyndham Vacation Ownership is currently seeking a Corporate Communications Specialist in Orlando, Florida. The Corporate Communications Specialist will be a part of a dynamic, strategic Corporate Communications department responsible for effectively rolling out and communicating new programs and initiatives internally to employees. This person will report to the Director of Corporate Communications.
- The selected candidate will contribute to the overall communications strategy for Wyndham Vacation Ownership, in support of the Strategy & Integration, Sales & Marketing and Hospitality divisions.
- This person will work with business partners on best practices for communicating information within and across departments. Serves as a liaison between the Corporate Communications Department, internal business partners and approving partners, including Legal and senior leaders.
- Will also manage deployment of internal communications from senior leaders. The selected candidate will also oversee critical projects under the leadership of the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Chief Brand Officer and Senior Vice President of Resort Operations.
- Must be able to build a strong network of relationships and internal news sources from functions/departments associated with the role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with Corporate Communications teammates and key contacts in Strategy and Integration, Sales & Marketing and Hospitality divisions to develop and execute on targeted communications plans and activities supporting the company’s strategic priorities, key programs and initiatives.
- Draft and deploy strategic internal communications for various initiatives, announcements and programs. Execute tactics for delivering key messages and information to internal audiences through various channels including email, memo, newsletter, video and company intranet.
- Build relationships across the business. Work directly with business partners to gather information to contribute content for internal publications and employee intranet. Aids in the story development, copywriting, editing, and delivery of all publications to specific internal audiences to drive employee engagement.
- Create and maintain reports and analytics on department activities and maintain department files on SharePoint. Manage distribution of internal communications from senior leaders. Develop presentations for executive team and other WVO leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in related communications field required.
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Superb communications skills and talent to tailor messages to specific audiences
- Ability to respond to rapidly changing conditions with agility and imagination, capitalizing on opportunities
- Detail-oriented: while seeing the big picture is important, it is also necessary to have a solid grasp of the tactical side of the job responsibilities in order to effectively implement a strong corporate communications plan.
- Project Management: able to manage multiple projects, processes and partnerships successfully in a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility: being adaptable and open to a culture of change, this position must be able to alter strategies based on the needs of the business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- 1-3 years of related communications experience; communications background and/or hospitality services industry experience desirable
- A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
- Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide’s (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, the company develops and operates an expansive portfolio of resorts, managing comprehensive vacation ownership sales, marketing, and consumer financing operations. The company’s seven primary consumer brands include: CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark® by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM® ASIA, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASILSM. As of December 31, 2016, the company has developed or acquired 219 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America and the South Pacific that represent approximately 25,000 individual vacation ownership units and nearly 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is supported by approximately 18,000 associates worldwide.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
Orlando, Florida United States
Brand / Resort:
Wyndham Vacation Ownership