Pathlight HOME, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is seeking a part-time Communications Specialist to manage its online social media presence, maintain its website, write copy and prepare graphics and audio visual media, as needed for posting, and help implement its marketing/communication’s strategy as part of overall strategic goals for the future. The Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and collaborate with a variety of staff and stakeholders.
The Communications Specialist will develop, implement and maintain all digital strategies to increase the visibility of the organization’s programs and services, promote key messages, enlist new volunteers and donors, and otherwise help garner inceased knowledge of and community support for the organization and its services to homeless and low-income individuals.
He/she will analyze current social media strategies and trends and employ them to execute and enhance the communications plan for the organization. Collaborating with the team, the Communications Specialist will research, develop and post timely, creative and diverse material relative to Pathlight HOME’s mission, longstanding “housing first” programs in Central Florida, and social enterprises in order to cultivate a vibrant digital presence.
The Communications Specialist will maintain/update the website, in coordination with the web developer, to ensure timely integration of key messaging and “calls to action” between the website and social media platforms. He/she will monitor analytics and suggest tactics as needed. In addition to the social media and website responsibilities described, the Specialist may assist with related volunteer, donor and other communications-oriented activities.
Minimum Competencies/Experience Required
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth familiarity with and understanding of social media sites and trends, to include but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+
- Familiarity with design software, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, as well as photography and videography skills for content gathering.
- Ability to translate concepts and information into images, with attention to detail.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.); Hootsuite; internet skills; experience with social media, website programs and software.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Displays original thinking and creativity, with ability to communicate clearly through design and creative output.
- Contributes to building a positive team; exhibits professionalism, initiative, dependability.
- Familiarity with/experience in the nonprofit communications arena.
To apply, send resume to MRobinson@PathlightHome.org