Are you interested in what goes on behind the scenes at a nonprofit? Would you like to improve your skills in writing news releases and articles, managing website and social media content, or developing public relations campaigns and collateral? Do you want to use your writing, graphic design, video editing and/or Photoshop skills in a professional environment where you can see the results? Then join The Florida Bar Foundation as an intern!
The mission of The Florida Bar Foundation, a philanthropic organization established in 1956 by The Florida Bar Board of Governors under the authority of the Florida Supreme Court, is to provide greater access to justice. The Foundation accomplishes its mission primarily through funding of programs that:
- Expand and improve representation and advocacy on behalf of low-income persons in civil legal matters;
- Improve the fair and effective administration of justice; and
- Promote service to the public by members of the legal profession.
What We Require:
- Strong writing skills; knowledge of AP style preferred.
- Background in marketing, communications, nonprofit management or other related discipline.
- Interest in access to justice and the challenges faced by low-income and vulnerable populations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Skills in Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress a plus.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and flexible, with a sense of humor and the ability to work independently, but with guidance.
What You Will Learn and Scope of Position:
- How to develop targeted communications for specific audiences.
- How to think strategically when designing and creating campaign collateral.
- How to write crisp, effective news releases and articles for professional publications.
- How to develop and manage content for a variety of platforms (print, Web, social media, e-mail).
The Florida Bar Foundation values our interns. We will go the extra mile to make sure you have a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will learn project management skills and how to develop strategic marketing communications in a professional setting. You will have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals.
To apply, please submit your application to Jessica Brown, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum of 12 hours per week; one semester commitment. Hours and start date are flexible. Summer, Fall and Spring internships available.
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. You will have the opportunity to work on substantive projects, create materials for your portfolio, and earn a great reference.