Experience Kissimmee is the tourism authority for the Kissimmee destination and Osceola County. The popular destination welcomes more than 8 million visitors overnight from all over the world, offering convenient access to Orlando’s theme parks and a host of natural adventures such as airboat rides and zip line safaris. Kissimmee is also the vacation home rental capital of the world, boasting a wide variety of home-away-from-home units among its more than 50,000 total lodging options that also include luxury resorts, comfortable hotels and more. Experience Kissimmee offers competitive benefits and a rewarding work experience. We are a diverse group of high performing individuals working to make a positive impact on our community.
We are currently seeking a Communications Manager. This role is responsible for assisting and developing, defining and executing critical aspects of the day-to-day communications efforts and the strategic media planning and implementation. The Manager works to promote the mission of Experience Kissimmee and is responsible for moderating communications between the organization and various media outlets nationally and abroad through the production of public relations, blog posts, press releases, and other content initiatives. This position will work with the Latin American, Mexican and Canadian markets and requires fluency in English and Spanish.
Below are some of the major responsibilities of the position:
- Consult regularly with the Director of Communications and applicable department staff on their communication needs in advance of and during the launch of dedicated campaigns and special promotions.
- Research, develop, and execute strategic communications that create awareness of Kissimmee as a destination.
- In conjunction with the Destination and Event Services Team conduct FAMs, and local events involving media. Host and escort visiting media as appropriate.
- Coordinate and conduct, with international representation firms, international media missions.
- Coordinate with Director of Communications or staff as appropriate to respond to international media requests for information and visits to the destination.
- Coordinate with local industry partners in developing story ideas and itineraries for media, bloggers, or social influencers.
- Travel to key markets, both domestically and internationally to meet one-one-one with journalists, social influencers. Travel to key markets to attend trade shows and set appointments where appropriate to promote the area's assets to attending media.
- Responsible for coordination of work related to communications and public relations initiatives with international representatives in assigned territories.
- Serve as Experience Kissimmee spokesperson on media missions domestically and internationally.
- Write, edit, and ensure effective dissemination of press releases publicizing the destination.
- Assist the Director of Communications in developing communication plans, strategies, and budgets on an annual basis in support of the organization and destination.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with traditional media and bloggers locally, domestically, and internationally.
- Edit and review copy and content materials submitted by staff and international representation firms.
- Monitor coverage of Experience Kissimmee, the destination, and events with potential to impact Osceola County tourism and report to executive team.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field and minimum of three to five years of related experience. Will substitute experience for education.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite. Candidates must have database experience.
- Candidates must have experience with AP style.
- Candidates must be bilingual, with language skills in Spanish. Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
- Ability to comfortably speak to journalists and pitch story ideas and news about the destination.
- Experience traveling internationally is required.
- Managing agency representation in other countries is required.
Qualified candidates should send a resume to HR@experiencekissimmee.com.