The Communications Manager develops, manages, implements, monitors and measures key programs associated with Red Lobster’s brand and company public relations strategies. In this role, the Communications Manager will partner with the Director, Brand Team, PR agency, HR, Operations, Supply Chain and other internal stakeholders to drive positive news about our company, our food and our people. The Communications Manager also provides strategic counsel and issue and crisis management support to Operations and will be responsible for handling local restaurant-level issues and requests that have the potential to be exposed to media. The position includes external communication functions, including interacting with the media, community stakeholders, vendors, and restaurant operators and requires the candidate to play a key role in managing vendor partners, communication/public relations agencies, project scopes and budgets and all aspects of their projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plays a key role in producing, managing and executing Communication plans that support key business initiatives and align with business objectives.
- Plays a key role in creating and executing strategies for promotional events. Works alongside Events, Marketing and Digital Teams to ensure message consistency and pull-through. Supports integrated campaign execution, including digital and social executions and video production.
- Provides day-to-day oversight of PR agency work, including execution of key brand PR initiatives and collaboration with Marketing and Events teams.
- Builds and nurtures relationships with key media. Plans and manages media events and community give-back campaigns.
- Manages materials available on the News & Press section of the website and distribution of materials through PRNewswire.
- Manages vendor and partner relationships, including contracts and materials development, approvals coordination and project execution and measurement.
- Leads development of General Managers and Culinary Managers into strong brand ambassadors.
- Owns research and reporting initiatives to measure success and shares with appropriate internal teams.
- Vets and manages participatory opportunities for the executive team. Supports executive materials development, including key messaging documents, speeches and presentations.
- Assists with risk mitigation by helping to identify brand risks and potential brand-damaging scenarios. Participates on internal Task Forces. Supports development of scenario plans, proactive and reactive talking points and communications to operators and cross-functional partners.
- Supports Seafood with Standards program work, including communications planning and materials development.
- Supports Community Relations efforts and provides assistance with request vetting and fulfillment.
- Partners with Associate Manager to ensure message consistency across internal and external communications channels. Supports internal communications campaigns that reinforce Red Lobster as a great place to work.