This position is responsible for coordinating the marketing and communications of the Office of Faculty Excellence. This position reports to the Vice Provost for Faculty Excellence. This position will work closely with academic leaders and faculty across campus, human resources liaisons, and the Faculty Cluster Initiative in our collective strategic recruitment of faculty. This position will develop and execute strategies to attract, engage, and retain faculty members.
- Develops, coordinates, and distributes communications for the Office of Faculty Excellence and its Vice Provost, including but not limited to campus emails, presentations, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Creates and maintains website content for the Office of Faculty Excellence, which celebrates and recognizes faculty at UCF while also serving as a recruitment platform for the university.
- Creates and manages communications and marketing campaigns around faculty excellence and preeminence and faculty climate and engagement initiatives through a variety of platforms, including but not limited to newsletters, websites, events, social media, etc.
- Creates reports, speeches, briefs, agendas, and meeting materials, which may include spreadsheets or designed presentations, for the Vice Provost and the Office of Faculty Excellence.
- Coordinates marketing and recruitment material for the Faculty Cluster Initiative, and assists with on-going communications/marketing of the initiative internally and externally to the university, including but not limited to digital communications, such as websites and social media, as well as speaker series or related events.
- Supports faculty hiring campaigns and recruitment, including efforts to attract underrepresented faculty and National Academy members, as well as provides direction and support for recruitment strategies across the colleges and centers.
- Analyzes newsletters and other communications’ readership rates, monitors website analytics, and makes recommendations for strategic increases in viewership or engagement across faculty communication platforms.
- Develops internalUCF partnerships and external partnerships to assist in job duties.
- Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to meet department, division, and university goals.
Qualifications and preferences:
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
- Preference given to those with a bachelor’s degree in communications or digital-media related field; experience working in a higher education environment, with a focus on communications outcomes; experience leading branding and social media campaigns; experience in marketing and recruitment; exceptional writing and communications skills; initiative and ability to manage time; and a knack for creatively approaching challenges and projects with enthusiasm.
- Additional preferred skills include WordPress or alternative CMS and Adobe Creative Suite.
Applicants must apply online at https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/53773